What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

EagleMountainDK -> What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 9:25:53 AM)

The title says it all.

Future -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 2:28:15 PM)

I am running 1440 X 900 with no probs at all. Some maps you don't even have to scroll around on with the higher screen settings.

Marc von Martial -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 2:34:50 PM)

Basically whatever screen resolution your monitor support. I do not think there is a cap on resolutions at all.

Hertston -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 8:14:28 PM)

It has options up to 1600 x 1200, but that's not always the issue. CC doesn't scale to accomodate higher resolutions, everything remains the same size pixel-wise, so the only effect is to see more of the map without scrolling. You need to take the physical size of your monitor into account as well. Despite having a decent enough monitor (although only a 19 inch, which is small these days) I use 1024 x 768 as being the best compromise between the amount of map you see while still seeing what's going on. Above that the darned soldiers are just too small.

sage -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 9:07:51 PM)

Okay -- does that mean I should be able to play at 1920x1200 with no stretch?

Beeblebrox -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 9:27:03 PM)

We know of no limit until someone tells us they found it! [:)] I think that CoI just uses the available resolutions on your Graphics system, though I'd want to double check with the dev before putting that forward as gospel.  So far, no one has given us an upper limit.  Perhaps it could go on for eternity...? [;)]

Hertston -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 9:52:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beeblebrox

We know of no limit until someone tells us they found it! [:)] I think that CoI just uses the available resolutions on your Graphics system

Ah.. yes, didn't think of that. Sorry. I'm still curious as to how many play at those higher resolutions, though. Maybe they just have better eyesight than me!

Beeblebrox -> RE: What screen resolutions does Cross of Iron support? (2/14/2007 10:08:52 PM)

quote:

Maybe they just have better eyesight than me!
I am sure you are not alone! [:)] I run a 19" CRT (need a forklift to move it bas*** thing!).  I run at 1280x1024, but it really is too small, but the trade off is a better global view. 

It is true that it is hard to see much detail, but a small advantage with CC3/CoI is that you can enlarge your view (not available in CC4 and beyond which I miss), and you can then see a lot of the gfx detail, like vehicle drawing detail that you had not noticed before, and it is good for more 'close' combat situations.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI