Nice job guys! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Field83 -> Nice job guys! (2/14/2007 8:18:17 PM)

Well it was really great experiencing good old CC again. Had an hiccup with apparently an known old issue with codecs, but after that was fixed it has been rock stable.

So i´d just like to say thanks guys for breathing life in an old classic! I just keep hoping i'd someday see my all time favorite "age of rifles" remade. Guess it will never happen since it predates directx, but hey a guy can always wish, right? ;-)

A small request on this game though? Any plans to make the main, command and requisiton screens scalable with the resolution choosen? I remember being bugged by this locked resolution in the original game, but for 1024*768 it was managble, but playing at the higher resolutions offered on an large screen, it is almost magnifyer glass time..

Well anyway thanks again for this release guys, i personally think this was worth every euro i paid for it, especially if this can encourage more re-releases of classics in the future!

Beeblebrox -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/14/2007 10:12:28 PM)

Appreciate the comments.  Dynamic screen handling like you suggest is unlikely with any re-releases, but is on the agenda for subsequent releases.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/14/2007 10:16:45 PM)

Well...this poster has made my mind up...I want to revisit the old babe again...so I'm in!

Field83 -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/14/2007 11:00:27 PM)

Well you deserve the appriciation :-)
Regarding the screens suggestion, if it is not possible to scale with the resolution would it be posible to "lock" those screens at 800*600 instead? That is the original resolution for the main command and requisition screens, and it actually looks good and very readable at that resolution even on my 23 inch screen. But then this is my personal view, maybe someone else prefer it the way it is ( especially youngsters with better eyesight than me [:)]

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Now back to the frozen wastes of Russia for me! [:)]

JudgeDredd -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/15/2007 12:18:28 AM)

Damn you, Field83. You've just made me spend £24.34 on Valentines Day. If she finds out, it's your guts for garters.

I have to say it was very "warming" to see this old interface again...not that I'm saying it looks old...just nice to revisit an old favourite...the CC series.

Field83 -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/15/2007 1:12:11 AM)

hehe, well just tell her that you are an man with an taste for the old and tasteful, girls like to hear stuff like that. That we spent 40 euros on an great computer game, that is actually 10 years old, now no need to include that info, eh? [;)]

Ahh started the grand campaign, was like seeing an old friend again. This gonna be a long night, hehe.

captskillet -> RE: Nice job guys! (2/15/2007 1:42:50 AM)

Right there with u field on the grand Campaign..........went pretty smooth till the 'tank trap map' and the KV-2 reared its head right before Moscow................saw the Red Sq. Map looming in the distance.........now that brought back memories of some tough battles trying to secure Uncle Joe's hideout [;)] !

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI