Issues with Unit Description (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Masked Gunman -> Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 3:56:46 AM)

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you for a job well done. I am a long-time CC-III fan, and I am enjoying CC-CoI very much.

That said, I would like to point out the frequent hiccups in the unit descriptions. Approximately half of the units have their descriptions in quotes ("..."), while the rest do not. Moreover, descriptions for new units, like the German command tank Panzerbefehlswagen I, are full of blatant grammatical errors. Despite this re-release being excellent in all other aspects, minor unprofessional errors like this become an eyesore.

I hope these issues will be addressed in an upgrade patch in the near future.

e_barkmann -> RE: Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 4:06:23 AM)

I've noticed a few typos as well and will be posting a summary on the CSO website.

These kinds of things are easily missed but easily corrected.

cheers

Beeblebrox -> RE: Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 5:04:52 AM)

quote:

I've noticed a few typos as well and will be posting a summary on the CSO website.
Thank you.

old man of the sea -> RE: Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 8:58:45 PM)

Beeblebrox,

That is a formating error reversion bug from the old excel speadsheet databases we used to use at Atomic. If you modify them they lose the "" marks.

Just trying to help,

E

Randall Grubb -> RE: Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 9:58:03 PM)

I can state unequivocally that the data files sent from Simtek were all properly formated as tab delimited text files and did not contain quotation marks. If there are quotation marks, caused by using them as a text qualifier, then it was not done to the files at Simtek. As to grammatical errors, I do not read or speak German or Russian, so I wouldn't know. Some of our testers do, but no errors or recommended changes were sent to me other than English ones used in the descriptions.

The excel database workbook that contains all of the data used in CoI is available at CSO, along with workbooks for the original CC3 as well as CC4, CC5 and CCMv3.1. See this thread: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=94858&postcount=166 These workbooks have complete column descriptions and are ordered according to the actual code. (Revised Qclone files that match the workbook columns are available at http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=94856&postcount=164 )

Masked Gunman and Chris Merchant: If you have suggested changes, by all means do post them up so they can go out as a plugin or possibly in a patch.

E - The Access editors used by Atomic were not in any of the discs and backup tapes sent to us by Destineer. Using the half finished version of a CC3 based CCM Stoli we were given a couple of years ago, I have rebuilt them for the series and have used them extensively for this and other projects. I made a stand alone one for the Elements files and have those in versions by series. The only part I am having trouble formatting correctly are the Ammo Count column calculators for CC4 and beyond. The caluculators work in the spreedsheets, but still have something wrong in the VB code for the Acess editors.

Beeblebrox -> RE: Issues with Unit Description (2/15/2007 10:34:44 PM)

Thanks MB.  Always appreciated.  As you can see, Drill's our man for this stuff [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI