Whats take'n so long ??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War

AP514 -> Whats take'n so long ??? (2/15/2007 9:27:49 PM)

Well, the question is .....

Whats the hold up ?? It looked like this remake was going to be out by X-mass..here we are going on 3 months later and still no word. Not much in the Dev. Diary either..did this get back burnered for another project ??

AP514

Krec -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/16/2007 4:13:17 AM)

maybe they are still loading the carriers,  give em a chance to fuel up and move out!![;)]

Terminus -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/16/2007 5:30:10 PM)

It's going on 2 months later... Calm down...

Erik Rutins -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/19/2007 3:53:15 PM)

We had this release called "Battlefront" by SSG, you may have noticed it? [;)]

Development with small teams happens largely in sequence rather than in parallel. Give it some time now that Battlefront is out and CAW will soon follow. Both of these are new games, with lots of development time put into them. I think it's great that SSG have managed to work on both so close together and finally bring so many gamers the new CAW they've been asking for, just a bit more patience and you'll be able to see it for yourselves. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

jimi3 -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/23/2007 6:56:08 PM)

I loved the original and I know the new CAW will be well worth the wait. The problem is, I am halfway through reading Shattered Sword (Parshall and Tully) and the carrier bug has bit me big time. Reading fast and patiently waiting....

fabforrest -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/25/2007 4:42:19 AM)

erik, what you say is all true, however we (us gamers) were not the ones that suggested it would be out by the end of last year. i don't mind the announcing before the game is ready, but you and SSG have to have a reasonably good handle on what they are doing and what they are capable of; don't create impossible expectations. i think, just by looking at the frequency of posts here and on SSG's forums, that you are losing some of the "buzz" that you created with the announcement.

freeboy -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (2/25/2007 9:27:20 AM)

From what I saw/heard at the R5 forum, they keep tweeking it... many of us will be playing this solitaire, so take your time. Afte all the great games out there if this comes out in June I will be ok!

AP514 -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (3/26/2007 7:58:42 PM)

Well, Another Month has come and gone.

Last we heard was Polish ,polish, polish.......

Remember what you mother always said....
If you polish it to much your going to rub the paint off...or was it.. Go blind  [:D]

AP514

pasternakski -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (3/27/2007 1:23:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

Well, Another Month has come and gone.

Yes, and now that Battlefront has become such an enormous sales success...

bradfordkay -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/2/2007 10:07:59 PM)

I am one of those few who believe in allowing the developers to take all the time they want.

I really get tired of people clamoring for a game to be released and then whining that it is too buggy once they get in in their grubby little paws... I would love to see Matrix become the Robert Mondavi of computer games: "we will release no game before its time".

pasternakski -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/3/2007 3:31:29 AM)

I never thought of myself as a clamoring whiner with grubby little paws before ... makes me stop and think where I went wrong in life ...

But, really, Brad, all seriousness aside, you remember me ... I used to be such a huge supporter of Matrix, I was almost the size of Shaquille O'Neal's jockstrap.

undercovergeek -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/3/2007 12:36:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

I used to be such a huge supporter of Matrix, I was almost the size of Shaquille O'Neal's jockstrap.

and then what happened?

AP514 -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/27/2007 1:39:42 AM)

Well, here we are another Month come and gone...........how about a DEV. update ??

Not that I am in any hurry for CAW to be released now that  AGEOD http://www.a-acw.com/english/main.html 
has released their ACW game. 
God it is good....NO Micromanagement of Supply/Economics needed...Just Be the GENERAL 

AP514

Rocko911 -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/28/2007 1:51:12 AM)

I have to agree, the dev diary is as late as this game is.

tocaff -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/28/2007 2:33:37 AM)

If it's a question of tweaking and getting the bugs out, take another 6 months...................I've still got the original to toy around with.

Rocko911 -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/28/2007 5:55:30 PM)

How can you get the original to work on XP i have not been able too?

kverdon -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/29/2007 6:33:42 PM)

Form CINPAC...

Turkey Trots to Water
WHERE IS
REPEAT WHERE IS Carriers at War
The World Wonders

dudalb_slith -> RE: Whats take'n so long ??? (4/30/2007 2:04:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP

How can you get the original to work on XP i have not been able too?

Get DosBox,a Dos Simulator designed to play DOs Games on a XP computer.It's a free download,but I can't remember the URL right now,but it should be easy to find with a Web Search.
CCAW plays fine on it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI