help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Dhillan -> help (2/20/2007 5:14:44 PM)

just bought the "world divided"
i was player of Hearts of Iron and "paradox games"
will I like this game?

PS: please, dont be violent on your comments [;)]

GKar -> RE: help (2/20/2007 8:27:58 PM)

Hmm, if you bought it anyway, why don't you try it and see for yourself?

P.S. By the way, my thoughts on HoI/DD vs. AWD can be found here.

rjh1971 -> RE: help (2/20/2007 9:37:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dhillan

just bought the "world divided"
i was player of Hearts of Iron and "paradox games"
will I like this game?

Once you understand the basics I think you will, there's more to it that you can discover at first glance. I recomend you take a look at the AARs section, there is an ongoing tournament and players are posting their games [&o][&o]

quote:

PS: please, dont be violent on your comments

Violent??? As far as I am concerned, I consider all people that post in this forum gentlemen [;)]. Only once did I see a moderator scolding a user.
Did you mean something else?

Dhillan -> RE: help (2/20/2007 10:28:55 PM)

I mean like a rivalry between two games, understand me?
matrix games "hates" paradox, something like it :P

rjh1971 -> RE: help (2/20/2007 11:33:32 PM)

Oh I get it.

Have you read Gkars thread? You could sense some rivalry between fans of each game, there.

I did buy HOI (one) I started playing but being a rts game with so many options I had to keep pausing the game, I never went farther that 1940 or '41 (starting from'36). Besides the release was full of bugs, specially annoying the saving bug which made save files huge, that one drove me peaunots I blamed it on having a Pentium II at the time, when I got the P IV and still the same problem and then read about the glitch uuugggghh!!!

I like WAW and AWD much better, since they are IGOYOUGO system based, you get enough details without getting lost and you have many strategic possibilities. I have too admit though that at first glance they might seem a little tortuos to hget the hang of it.

Anyway everybody have different tastes.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI