Trade Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support

dodgerfan -> Trade Problem (2/22/2007 1:35:15 AM)

Does anyone know how to undo a trade or if it can be done? According to the trade screen, the Chicago White Sox would accept Rex Barney for Roy Campanella (who I foolishly let go in favor of Gil Hodges...who wouldn't sign and went to the hated New York Giants). Anyway, after making the trade of Barney for Campanella, too my surprise, the trade was Ralph Branca for Roy Campanella. Decent enough trade, but not one I wanted to make. When I tried to trade Campy for Branca, of course the White Sox weren't interested. Any way to undo (fix) this situation?

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Trade Problem (2/22/2007 9:23:44 PM)

I've only undone one trade. I don't know if it's the "official" or "fair" way to do it, but in the end I got what I wanted- the trade reversed.

First, go into the profile of the first affected player and then go over to Edit Bio. At the bottom you will see an area called "Commissioner Functions". The drop down menu lists all teams in your association. Simply select the one you want them to be in. Before you hit OK though, write down their salary and the term of the contract. For some reason, when you switch a player's team in this manner, it blanks out their contract information. It did it to me, so I am figuring it may do it to you too.

Once you have changed their team, click OK. Now, it is very important that you immediately go back to the player and in the "Contract" area, select the Years Remaining (which you wrote down) and the Salary per year (which you also hopefully wrote down). Click OK. The player will now be in the specified team for the specified duration being paid the specified amount.

Repeat this with the other player in the trade.

Note that though this works, the original trade remains recorded. Further, there will be no mention of the un-trade in PSPN, the player's Transaction History or even in your team's transaction details. I did this with one my players below:

[image]local://upfiles/17791/446F34209D6F47EB8E5897CE556E5E2F.jpg[/image]

Note the activity since the trade. The trade happened back on 4/15/06 and I fixed it on the same day, but you don't see the fix, you only see activity after that with him appearing as a member of the Florida team. It's not perfect, but that's the only way I've found so far to pull it off. Good luck!

dodgerfan -> RE: Trade Problem (2/23/2007 12:09:16 AM)

Frozen Sniffer,

Thanks brotha!  That's exactly what I needed to know, and everything worked out perfectly.

Frozen Stiffer -> RE: Trade Problem (2/23/2007 4:17:16 AM)

Glad I could help!

bobsayah -> RE: Trade Problem (2/23/2007 11:46:32 PM)

I don't know if this would work, but you could try taking over ownership of the other team temporarily and making the opposite trade to get the guy back on the proper team.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI