Error won't let me play game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support

Mad Cow -> Error won't let me play game (2/25/2007 12:41:33 AM)

The game boots up and I get this error the first time I tried to play.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program:...ixGames/FoF/Forge of Freedom.exe
File: C/Projects/ACWPlato/Source/Fastgraf.cpp
Line: 49
Expression: hvb!=-2

Any help would be great. I want to play this game pretty bad.

Gil R. -> RE: Error won't let me play game (2/25/2007 6:21:12 AM)

I'm not the tech guy, so I'm not much use, but since Eric hasn't signed on since you posted this I figured I should ask the insultingly obvious question: have you installed the first patch? Also, do you have at least 1GB of RAM?

ericbabe -> RE: Error won't let me play game (2/25/2007 5:02:50 PM)

That's an out-of-memory error that's happening during the allocation of graphics.  If you have 1GB and are running in full-animation mode, try shutting down other applications/processes that might be using memory or maybe try expanding the size of your virtual memory cache.  Otherwise you might try running the game in low-animation mode: see the ReadMe file for details on how to set low-animation mode.

Font de Llop -> RE: Error won't let me play game (3/20/2007 4:49:05 PM)

I'm in the same problem.
I have 512M of RAM and I know is better 1GB, but the requeriments give the chance to play in low mode with 512.

How can I play in low-animation mode if to do it I need the file forgeoffreedom.ini, and this only appears after the first start of the game?
Is a vicious circle --> I need the file but I can't run the game to generate the file!! [&:]

Probably isn't a great problem as soon as I'll buy a RAM of 1GB, I'll do it early for other questions. But... anyone can give an explain? Thanks

ericbabe -> RE: Error won't let me play game (3/20/2007 10:30:05 PM)

We have fixed this vicious circle problem for V1.9.4, which is in public beta right now.  On our test machine, the full graphic version would load even with only 512MB -- though we had to have all other large applications disabled -- so in testing this "vicious circle" wasn't a problem.  I'd recommend trying 1.9.4; it should solve this problem.

Font de Llop -> RE: Error won't let me play game (3/21/2007 10:58:45 AM)

Ok, thanks.
Downloading then...

XLegion -> RE: Error won't let me play game (3/21/2007 2:32:52 PM)

I have been able to narrow down a little bit what may be happening. I discovered that my game "Punic Wars" by HPS is also not loading up. Same sympton as Forge of Freedom.

What could be wrong? I haven nearly 10 other games on my system and they work just fine. Including games with far greater complex graphics like "Rome: Total War". These play just fine.

What could be wrong with Forge of Freedom?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Error won't let me play game (3/21/2007 9:54:24 PM)

XLegion,

Please keep your reports to one thread in the public beta forum, which is the version you are running. We are trying to help you and piggy-backing your comments onto unrelated threads and starting multiple threads is making it harder for us. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI