MMCCIII modability? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

namzo6 -> MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 5:52:57 PM)

Hey guys,

Three quick questions regarding MMCCIII SINGLE player.Was wondering if one can preset difficulty level before starting the single player camp?
And during the single player camp,does it progress through the entire war as far as years go?

And finally,can I use any mods for MMCCIII single player?For instance,Real Infantry?
Or are mods only used for offline and H2H?

Thanks and take care,
Namzo6

Beeblebrox -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 6:10:48 PM)

If you take a look in the \Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Server Folder, you should find a document called "MakeCampaign.doc".

All the informatiion you need about creating (and therefore modifying) a Campaign should be there.

You *can* use Mods with MMCCIII, but check the MakeCampaign.doc for issues relating, as there are issues.

In due course, we intend to host Modded Campaigns for MMCCIII as soon as practicable.

KWP -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 6:16:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: namzo6

Hey guys,

Three quick questions regarding MMCCIII SINGLE player.Was wondering if one can preset difficulty level before starting the single player camp?

From the MakeCampaign.doc in the server folder:
g) Now you need to start the scenario you created to get a saved campaign. "Play a game". Select "Custom Scenario". "Change Settings" - this is important! These settings will last entire campaign! Make sure that difficulty is "Veteran". Everything else set as you see fit. Double click MMCC3Start. You must save it as CC3Start.

I don't know if this a hard rule or if you can use a different setting. You could experiment.

quote:

And during the single player camp,does it progress through the entire war as far as years go?

The current single player does but I would suggest reading through the MakeCampaign in the server. It describes how to setup your own single player server.

quote:

And finally,can I use any mods for MMCCIII single player?For instance,Real Infantry?
Or are mods only used for offline and H2H?

You will need to create new AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt files.

I strongly recommend that you back up the stock Server and MMCC3 folders and all of their files before making any changes.

namzo6 -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 6:35:51 PM)

Thanks y'all,

That was a quick response,I'll give 'er a shot as soon as I finish getting my kids shoveling the snow.
Catcha later

namzo6 -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 7:43:46 PM)

Alright,After installing the real infantry mod,I'm getting the same MMCCIII  teams that I had before.
Having said that,I've been playing CC for years and using mods and downloading maps(I probably have all the custom maps in one folder on my computer,man that took a lot of time.Hats off to those that thought up the map packs).

When I connect to the single player server,I get the message "Do not use any mods or patches".I was really hoping to use the infantry mod here,is this a no-go?

KWP -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 7:47:08 PM)

You will need to create new AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt files.

These files will need to be based on the real infantry files.

namzo6 -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 8:02:18 PM)

Hey KWP,Thanks for the reply.I checked into the make camp. doc.and I gotta tell you that's WAY over my head.
I can install maps and mods with no prob.,however what you suggested is for me a giant leap forward.If I could do all that,I would be making and posting my own mods.That's way too complex for me.For you all that can,glad you're on our side.After an hour or two of jagging around with that,I'd probably put my head through my monitor,lol.

KWP -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 8:37:15 PM)

These team.txt file are nothing more than copies of the GETeams.txt and RUTeam.txt files renamed to AIGETeam.txt, AIRUTeam.tx, HGETeam.txt and HRUTeam.txt. You will have to do this with the Real-Infantry team files.

Now if you want to give the AI a better chance you will need to use Excel to change the rarity of any team that has a rarity value > 1 to a 7. If you don't do this odds are that the AI will run out of units until a seasonal change occurs.

psssst.......
Don't tell Senior Drill, but if you don't have Excel, Q-Clone should be able to handle the rarity change process for you. [:)]

namzo6 -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 9:00:09 PM)

thanx,I'll give it a try sometime,like one of those days off when I get up at 5am with a pot of coffee and nothing to do.

Beeblebrox -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 9:33:08 PM)

Don't give up namzo6! [:)] Like just about anything, it's not so difficult when you know how [;)], and in fact can be quite easy!  What is often the most burdensome is just that... many hours of gruntwork... [:D]

namzo6 -> RE: MMCCIII modability? (2/25/2007 9:44:39 PM)

thanx for responding all.ya know after having played all the mods all these years "offline",figured I'd try online for a change.I got the MMCCIII single player server going which I might add is quite cool.I had tried that earlier before COI,but couldn't figure out the isp/port for the life of me.Now I see the light.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI