MMCC3 Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

RRSchultze -> MMCC3 Questions (2/26/2007 2:52:23 PM)

First of all i want to congratulate all the people involved in re releasing this game. I have been playing all the close combat games for a number of years and to re release a classic for the enjoyment of others is a forward step considering the gradual decline in this niche market.

To all the people who criticise re releases i say don't buy it if you dont want to play it.

I have had recently a number of H2H MMCC3 games with various players from around the world and has a fantastic community and the thrill you get when you have set up your forces and press ready is unreal.

Now to my question, in the MMCC3 campaign if you loose a couple of battles you get rewarded with a barrage in your next game. Does the opponent know that you have this barrage and secondly doe the barrage always center on the middle of the map, as i managed to loose a few troops :)

regards

RRSchulktze and Baabar (Russkie)

Beeblebrox -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (2/26/2007 4:41:44 PM)

The barrages are purely a random chance event as are re-inforcements.  x% per turn depending on the value set up by the creator(s) of the Campaign.  If you read the MakeCampaign.doc in the Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Server Folder, you can find more about this and other features in the MMCCIII Service.

I do not know if a H2H opponent will know a barrage is coming.  Mind you, in real life, you might not necessarily know if a barrage is coming?  I don't know how MMCCIII handles the placement of barrages.  Do they always centre on the Map?

Tactics -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (2/26/2007 9:37:26 PM)

This might have been asked...but is there a Real Infantry Only MMCC3 server?  If not, is there enough interest to designate one?

Beeblebrox -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (2/27/2007 12:34:14 AM)

quote:

is there enough interest to designate one?
From the rapidly gathering interest, I would say yes?  I'll add it to the mix and stir a little.  See what bubbles up... [;)]

RRSchultze -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (2/28/2007 2:50:19 PM)

Another couple of quick questions

1 - How often does the MMCC3 map update ie time period - is it weekly dates?

2 - I've noticed when you play another player who is a higher ranking than you they have a minus percentage number next to their call sign. what does this mean.

Thanks

Andrew Williams -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (2/28/2007 11:15:32 PM)

12 hour updates.

3 month time period for rarity

KWP -> RE: MMCC3 Questions (3/1/2007 1:37:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RRSchultze
2 - I've noticed when you play another player who is a higher ranking than you they have a minus percentage number next to their call sign. what does this mean.

If you win against a human opponent the server will decrease the amount of points available to you in your next H2H game by a given percentage. The more victories you have the greater the penalty. If you have a few H2H victories under your belt and you lose your next H2H battle the server will decrease this penalty the next time you go H2H. The same thing happens when you play the AI but the two penalties are dedicated to the type of opponent you go against.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI