Ikeep hearing about? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

freeboy -> Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 4:02:00 PM)

I keep hearing about he next advance!, will it be a patch or add on-update? anyway..
THE REAL ? is, what is the bio ed.. can we see the upcoming changes in a list?

ralphtricky -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 6:31:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I keep hearing about he next advance!, will it be a patch or add on-update? anyway..

It will be a patch/update. It adds enough new features that I'd call it an update. It will be free.

http://www.tdg.nu/indexdownload.html has a link to BioED. It was originally designed to edit the COW and earlier executable files, but it also has a feature to allow importing/export XML files. We're going to allow a scenario designer to provide a separate XML file that contains the equipment data for a scenario. That should allow porting files created for the 'Modern.exe' file, the LoTR scenario, etc. They'll still have to be modified to point to the correct graphics, but this opens up more flexibility for the scenario designers.

TOAD member Bob Cross created a document that explains how to use BioEd and the new equipment editing.

That's probably the biggest change, Elmer's been improved some more, and will work better in a wider selection of scenarios. There are other improvements as well.

We've also added several updated and new scenarios that meet the criteria to be included in an update.

ralphtricky -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 7:57:55 PM)

quote:

Since the is in the scenario design section, the other biggies are import/Export of full OOB, Map and Event information. This won't have an immediate impact, but as people get used to them, and some tools are built around them, they will make it easier for people to design scenarios.

You can do things like combine maps for larger projects, do mass edits on OOB information, and tweak the events in an easier fashion.

Ralph

Veers -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 8:39:44 PM)

One word: Yay. [image]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7298/cheeroz8.gif[/image]

Terminus -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 8:44:32 PM)

Sounds fantastic. Looking forward to it!

Silvanski -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/27/2007 10:29:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick..
do mass edits on OOB information, and tweak the events in an easier fashion.

Sounds great

ralphtricky -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 12:08:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick..
do mass edits on OOB information, and tweak the events in an easier fashion.

Sounds great

I hope it works out. I need to clean it up and make it more friendly sometime, but if it works, I'd like to eventually move the entire scenario file to XML. I'll probably move savegames to encrypted XML-like structures also

larryfulkerson -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 2:32:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
...I'd like to eventually move the entire scenario file to XML.

That sounds like a good idea.

quote:

I'll probably move savegames to encrypted XML-like structures also

I can see making the PBEM file encrypted but why encrypt the savegames?

ralphtricky -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 3:08:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

...I'd like to eventually move the entire scenario file to XML.

That sounds like a good idea.

quote:

I'll probably move savegames to encrypted XML-like structures also

I can see making the PBEM file encrypted but why encrypt the savegames?

It would be a little easier for the save-games from a PBEM game. I'll see when the time comes.

freeboy -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 7:19:24 AM)

for notes, TOAW$ might want to have he ability to do a campeign of linked battles

ralphtricky -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 4:07:31 PM)

quote:

for notes, TOAW$ might want to have he ability to do a campeign of linked battles

Agreed, at some point. If you have concrete ideas, you might atart a thread and post them on

http://www.tdg.nu/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=TOAW3

JAMiAM -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 8:49:05 PM)

quote:

quote:

Agreed, at some point. If you have concrete ideas, you might atart a thread and post them on

http://www.tdg.nu/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=TOAW3

This is something that a scenario designer, who is so inclined, can already do. They simply need to design the series of battles accordingly. Then, for each new battle, if it is biased by the results of previous battles, have events defined to be selected at the start of the scenario to be chosen by the players, through theater options, during a first turn, ceasefire enforced, "set-up turn".

Raindem -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 9:34:17 PM)

For those of you that use Opart Design & Debug (ODD) to design your scenarios, I am working on an upgrade that will use the XML files Ralph spoke of. The program will contain a full function editor for Events, OOB, and Equipment XML files.  As more stuff gets moved to XML I'll be ready to include it in ODD.

shunwick -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 10:52:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raindem

For those of you that use Opart Design & Debug (ODD) to design your scenarios, I am working on an upgrade that will use the XML files Ralph spoke of. The program will contain a full function editor for Events, OOB, and Equipment XML files.  As more stuff gets moved to XML I'll be ready to include it in ODD.

[8D]

Best wishes,

Veers -> RE: Ikeep hearing about? (2/28/2007 11:56:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raindem

Woot. Good stuff, Raindem. :D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI