mmcc3 ai issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Solipsism -> mmcc3 ai issues (2/28/2007 1:34:43 AM)

The AI penalty should be higher.. as it is germans loose ground all the time in summer -41 due to the german ai not being able to defend itself. Russian AI got at least 5 KV's each time, which is quite impossible to beat consistently.

RRSchultze -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (2/28/2007 2:46:50 PM)

Solipsism

I'll always have a few games with you when i'm around (BarBar) :)

As for the KV's, i have not been able to purchase one yet.

Do agree with your comments with regard to more players on the MMCC3. To anyone who hasn't played there yet, i say do so as it is a hoot.

Fantastic campaign set up

Andrew Williams -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (2/28/2007 11:12:36 PM)

The amount of points and equipment available is variable depending on what time you join the campaign.

Late starters may be struggling against a well established opposition....... this , I see, as more of a challenge.

Beeblebrox -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (3/1/2007 3:21:26 PM)

As Germans, you are going to have your work cut out in the early stages of the Campaign.  In reality, the Russian T34 and KV1 were significantly superior to anything the Germans had, and no hand held tank poppers! until late '43.  The 50mm is the best AT, but will still have to work hard against these beasts, particularly the KV1.  I like the 50mm anyway, as it is harder to spot, and has a high rate of fire, and is also good as infantry support especially nailing infantry in buildings.

We all know about the legendary power of the 88mm.  If you can get one fine, but it is very vulnerable once spotted so it had better get the kills in first, and the closer it is to the enemy, the less chance it has of surviving.

Every now and again you will get bonus points so can beef up your force pool a bit, but if you play as Germans early on, be prepared to grit your teeth. 

Banquet -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (4/25/2007 1:21:29 AM)

I would also prefer to see this toned down a bit. I haven't played as Russia yet but playing the Germans in mid 41 feels more like I'm playing 44-45!

Superior Russian tanks that outnumber mine.. never mind 90 points, I think they're getting about 500. How is the late war campaign going to feel any different to the early part?

I would like to feel that I can steamroller the Russians to some extent in the first few months of the campaign. Never mind play balance in every scenario to cater for the total expert. The challenge early should be to push them back as far as possible before the tide turns.. As it is I am having so much trouble making any advances or even holding my own at times that late war is either going to be exactly the same, which would be disappointing, or even harder.. which I don't want to think about! [;)]

I realise I am a newbie to this game and may not have a great hold of tactics yet but it is dissapointing to see 4 T34's turn up in summer 41 and blow my 2 MkIII's to hell.. even when firing at their rear - 'amour too thick' Say what!? So much for blitzkrieg..

Don't get me wrong I am having a lot of fun with CC3 and MMCC3. Both great titles. I was just hoping the MMCC3 campaign would feel a bit more like a.. campaign.. rather than a series of battles that attempts to make each and every one a desperate fight to the end.

glvaca -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (4/27/2007 2:34:34 PM)

I haven't played CoI but have played CC3 till I dropped.
Never mind with the MIII, in 41 you need StugIII, these have a good chance against T34's.
If he has KVI you need to pound him with everything you have. You may not get through his armour but you may immobilize him or the crew may just abondon the tank.
You have the superior quality, use it.
Also, in CC3, you have Wurframen. Those rockets toast any tank they hit but you only have 6 shots per unit. Buy 2 if you can and soon you will have no fear of his tanks.
A 76mm inf support gun is also one of my favorites early war. It's not fantactic against tanks but in an infantry support role it rocks.

NimitsTexan -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (4/28/2007 10:21:15 AM)

I think to remember, though; Barbarossa was not the walkover for the Germans tactically that it was strategically. During the operation as a whole, the Germans obviously completely outmanuevered the Soviets and managed to destroy several large formation. But in several of the tactical engagements that lead into those battles, the German armored corps found themselves facing similar numbers of superior Russian tanks, only the general German superiority in training and combat experiance at this point gave them any advantage whatsoever. In fact, in spite of the ground gained and Soviet formations destroyed, Wemacht losses in the summer/fall of 1941 were actually rather high. While an accurate (or at least representative) recreation of the tactical environment on the Eastern Front in 1941 should include some pushovers, mixed should also be some battles nearly as tough as those of 1944-1945.

Banquet -> RE: mmcc3 ai issues (5/1/2007 12:52:56 PM)

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't been able to pick the Stug yet but I will try it when it becomes available.

I realise not every battle in the early months of the campaign was a pushover - but still some considerable advances were made in the face of complete unpreparedness from the Russians. I realise there has to be some game balance but I wish the AI had less points to pick so many tanks at least early on. To be honest I wish there were less tanks altogether, or infantry could last longer against them but that's another point.

Still enjoying the game and getting a little better at handling the Russians in these early scenerio's. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI