Which one is next? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron

Llyranor -> Which one is next? (2/28/2007 6:09:34 AM)

I haven't seen this being discussed, so perhaps it's still a 'secret'. Do we know which CC is being rereleased next? 2, 4 or 5? And do we have any time estimates as to how apart each of these rereleases will be? (eg. every 6 months)

Cheers.

Tactics -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 9:18:18 AM)

I think I read that CC6 is next, and already being worked on.  I'm off the re-release kick. I purchased COI
(and I like it) to support new releases of the CC series.  It seems like those jokers know what they're doing; that Beelzebub guy and the mean Drill Sgt fellow have been around the since dirt.

I trust them, more than others, to not jank it up.

LitFuel -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 4:29:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tactics

I think I read that CC6 is next, and already being worked on.  I'm off the re-release kick. I purchased COI
(and I like it) to support new releases of the CC series.  It seems like those jokers know what they're doing; that Beelzebub guy and the mean Drill Sgt fellow have been around the since dirt.

I trust them, more than others, to not jank it up.

Well, I do want to see CC6 (though I have a feeling it won't be what I want as far as what it is)...but I hope your wrong on the re-release thing as they said they were coming out and I have a problem running just about all of them on my machine. I especially want CC2 as I have a hard time believing they can top that one anyways. I would like to see it tweaked and buffed a little with some new maps but nothing major, just like COI.

7A_CavScout -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 5:36:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tactics
that Beelzebub guy and the mean Drill Sgt fellow have been around the since dirt.

LOL
[:D]

studs -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 6:38:12 PM)

CC 2,4 and 5 can be bought very cheap as an used game..So I doubt that we will see any re-releases ..
Im just guessing .
an used copy of CC3 on the other hand will cost you dearly(good condition)..And this is why cc3 was re-released I guess

Hertston -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 8:42:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: studs

CC 2,4 and 5 can be bought very cheap as an used game..So I doubt that we will see any re-releases ..
Im just guessing .
an used copy of CC3 on the other hand will cost you dearly(good condition)..And this is why cc3 was re-released I guess

The declared intention was to re-release everything except CC1. Whether that will happen or not, who knows? I guess it depends both on how well CoI sells and what sort of progress is made with CC6. Point taken on price and availability, but how relevant it is I'm not sure; most CoI buyers seem to have a copy of CC3, anyway.

Comrade_Blabsky -> RE: Which one is next? (2/28/2007 11:45:27 PM)

Cross of Iron has some significant improvements from CC3.  I expect that any releases from the series will also have improvements.  So, I would be interested in the new versions.

makauskas -> RE: Which one is next? (3/19/2007 11:28:04 PM)

I would prefare remastered CC5 Invasion Normandy at first with improvements to store experencies. It can be stored in "dropdown" units. Seems can be added tired-ready with easy.
CC5 lacks good feature "requisition points" with refit.
CC5 prefare over CC3 because of existing army movements map. I would dare sugest this feature expand in feature CC6 version with posibility interact with by side  armies in real time. Slow and long play is annoing. Why not to play hour in slow mode with for about 10 local maps instead of fast 10-20 min long mode. This let us organize defending and some assoult directions with keep in mind to surrend armies in some local maps.

Zakhal -> RE: Which one is next? (3/20/2007 8:43:41 AM)

Re-release: normandy -> market garden -> bulge (just a guess)

Or then just do the whole west front in cc6.

Pford -> RE: Which one is next? (3/20/2007 3:29:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Comrade_Blabsky

Cross of Iron has some significant improvements from CC3. I expect that any releases from the series will also have improvements. So, I would be interested in the new versions.

Not me. The re-issue and updating of CC3 attracted new players- like me- to the series. But that's enough. One assumes there's a ceiling to the 'improveability' of the other titles. It's time to move forward with 2nd generation versions which push the envelope and incorporate new features.

Tinkering with CC1,2,4 and 5 represents, IMO, a misallocation of resources at this point.

LitFuel -> RE: Which one is next? (3/20/2007 5:06:51 PM)

I don't agree...I see no harm in re-releasing the old titles, if you don't want them then don't buy them. It would be smart though to do the rest in a bundle or something and not single releases. I have a real problem getting the old titles to work on my system and would appreciate having them again, in working form with some new maps and some AI tweaks thrown in(especially CC5). Do you really think one re-release is going to fund a whole new game?...keep dreaming.

Comrade_Blabsky -> Respectfully disagree on "misallocation" (3/20/2007 5:58:28 PM)

Pford, I may disagree on that point of misallocation of resources.  Although I am not privy to the business model, it seems that some of the "improvements" from the original boxed version of CC3 were the loads of stuff out there already.  Incorporating the game engine improvements from knowledge and experience of later versions, and providing a one-stop modswap-battleHQ-etc works well for me, and I'm not sure what all that really would cost.

I'm willing to shell out a few bucks for similarly updated, "improved" versions of CC's 4 & 5.  And I'm surely willing to pay a premium price for a post-CCM CC6.

Another good effect seems to be the re-invigoration of the CC community.  There's always room for different levels of participation.

Ima Pseudonym -> RE: Respectfully disagree on "misallocation" (3/29/2007 6:03:59 AM)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am quite ready to purchase a 're-release' (more like an upgrade, but then I say that and people start arguing so lets stick with re-release) of any of the rest of the titles.  I own the five originals but they sure don't work very well on any machine other than the one in the basement that was used to play 3,4 and 5 when they were new.

If CoI is an example of the upgrades that are being done to the titles, I have no problem throwing some more money into the pot and receiving value.  With the added bonus of knowing this is hopefully helping the construction of CC6 and not all ending up in the pockets of some of the staff modders.  You cannot trust those guys!  [:D]

Anyway, bring one more or bring them all (other than CC1, owned by Microsoft I believe) I will anxiously await their release. 

helblazer -> RE: Respectfully disagree on "misallocation" (6/25/2007 8:01:43 AM)

I hope that CC2 is next. It was an almost perfect product and has the most single player replayability straight out of the box.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI