What Happens to Oscar 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Cavalry Corp -> What Happens to Oscar 2 (3/2/2007 5:06:22 PM)

PDU is on
If i am producing no Oscar 1 ( because they are all being upgraded to Tony and Tojo ) and there are future units to arrive based on Oscar 2 what happens . i assume usually an Oscar fty would auto convert but there is no fty ??????

Michael

Icedawg -> RE: What Happens to Oscar 2 (3/2/2007 5:21:38 PM)

I suspect that you are correct about the auto convert. I think if you play around and open the different scenarios, you'll see that one of the original fighter factories upgrades to an Oscar 2 factory. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which one. I think its one of the original Oscar 1's, but don't quote me.

If you're playing either the Dec 7th or Dec 8th scenario, I'm not so sure you shouldn't produce some Oscar 1's. You've only got the 9 Tojo's you can transfer out of China, the two Oscar units (24 and 35 planes each) and 67 replacements. This is all you're going to have in terms of decent IJA fighters unitl mid/late 42. Before those Tojo's, Tony's and Oscar 2's become available, you're going to need something better than those pitiful Nates. (Unless of course, your strategy involves running up the fatigue of the Allied pilots as they are so busy shooting down Nates. [:)])

Kereguelen -> RE: What Happens to Oscar 2 (3/2/2007 5:55:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I suspect that you are correct about the auto convert. I think if you play around and open the different scenarios, you'll see that one of the original fighter factories upgrades to an Oscar 2 factory. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure which one. I think its one of the original Oscar 1's, but don't quote me.

There's a big factory located at Tokyo that researches the Oscar II at start of Scen 15. Seems that he converted it to something else.

As a sidenote: This factory represents the Nakajima plant at Utsunomiya (near Tokyo) which did not exist in 1941 (the plant was build somewhen in late 1942). The research factory is only existent at the start of scen 15 because the AI (in games vs. the AI) would be unable to start Oscar II production in sufficient numbers).

Cavalry Corp -> RE: What Happens to Oscar 2 (3/2/2007 6:10:06 PM)

Its Sept 42
I have just re converted a small fty back to Oscar ( to allow some replacements for existing units ) I assume all Oscar fty will change to Oscar 2 when the r/d is finished at least enough to allow the new units to arrive , am I correct or wll the new units use other planes or worse not arrive ??????

M

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI