How do you like your Counter Style? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Stardog -> How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 8:47:55 PM)

Whats up everyone?...[;)]

Forgive me if this has been Posted before..

What does everyone prefer in there counters NATO symbols or Object silhouette ( like in the old V for Victory or SSI's Tanks ) Just was curious...?....

My thanks again to the Matrix Team for all of their hard work and attention to detail!
Keep up the outstanding job![&o]

mikul82 -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 9:12:39 PM)

For some odd reason I prefer NATO symbols.

shunwick -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 9:17:55 PM)

Me too. I think it's because it makes the game seem more authentic - less like a game (toy).

Best wishes,

kilowatts -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 9:21:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlc82

For some odd reason I prefer NATO symbols.

Me too. Maybe that's because they're actually understandable.

mlees -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 9:35:00 PM)

It depends on a couple other things.

For example, if the 3d icons make the playing area appear too cluttered, Ill switch to 2d counters.

If the 3d icons are kinda sucky lookin (or hard to see), I make the switch.

Otherwise, I leave it at default.

Terminus -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/2/2007 9:59:44 PM)

NATO symbology, 100%.

Randy -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 9:53:22 AM)

I agree with the above. The use of NATO symbols gives a game a more realistic look.

JudgeDredd -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 1:26:10 PM)

NATO

JeF -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 1:38:55 PM)

Silhouette, if possible and if as readable as symbols.

NATO symbols are usually more readable, but I don't know them all (motorized flak or ported ATG for example). It's difficult for me too judge at a glance.

Fortunately, my favourite games have both. [:D]

Cheers,

JeF.

Terl -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 3:08:19 PM)

I like NATO symbols the best. More readable, more realistic and I am used to them from my time in the military.

Arkady -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 4:13:04 PM)

NATO symbols

easy to recognize

ravinhood -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 5:36:15 PM)

Nato symbols make the game more groggy and more board wargamelike. Animated figures or litte toy soldiers gives me the impression it's made for kiddies. Who like to clickfest moreso than strategize. They want to be "entertained" with wham bang powie type stuff. Yeah I know I like Combat Mission and Steel Panthers W@W, but, I like Squad Leader board wargame as well. And I guess when it comes to tactical that's where nato can take a backseat. Though I could just as well be happy with icons like in Panzer Leader or Panzer Blitz painted on the counters. I still don't need animated things to enjoy a good wargame. I will be getting LnL computer version if he ever finishes it. I'm starting to get the impression that that game also has become vaporware.

Procrustes -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/5/2007 7:04:01 PM)

For operational level games (like TOAW) I prefer the NATO symbols, but when the game is a little more tactical I prefer the silhouettes.  I mean, if the counter represents a tank battalion then the NATO symbols are perfect, but if it represents a plattoon of Shermans or a plattoon of Pz IV's then I prefer silhouettes.  

Brigz -> RE: How do you like your Counter Style? (3/6/2007 3:58:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Procrustes

For operational level games (like TOAW) I prefer the NATO symbols, but when the game is a little more tactical I prefer the silhouettes.  I mean, if the counter represents a tank battalion then the NATO symbols are perfect, but if it represents a plattoon of Shermans or a plattoon of Pz IV's then I prefer silhouettes.  

Kinda agree. The mix used in the original Panzer Blitz/Panzer Leader was perfect for a tactical game. NATO symbols for strategic and operational. If it's an ancients game then it really needs to be pictorial to set the mood.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI