"Rectangle Provided was Invalid" error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Waffen_88 -> "Rectangle Provided was Invalid" error (3/3/2007 9:43:02 AM)

First off, let me say thanks to all the developers! This was a long awaited product and it looks great!

Unfortunately I can't progress past the second operation of the new CoI campaign because the first map in the second operation pops up a "Rectangle Provided was Invalid" error when entering the battlefield. Note that this is the map that several people have pointed out is "stretched" in widescreen resolutions.

My system specs:

Pentium 4 2.53 GHz, 1024MB RAM
Windows 2000 SP4
1920x1200 resolution
ATI Radeon X700 Series Graphics Card
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.000.0904)

Note that I am running debug versions of some DirectX dlls (I do development on this machine).

I can provide a save file if it is helpful. This bug is 100% reproduceable.

Kevin

Waffen_88 -> RE: "Rectangle Provided was Invalid" error (3/4/2007 12:07:09 AM)

So I found the problem here. If you're running at a screen resolution physically larger than the map in any diminsion, you'll get this error.

I was running at 1920x1200 and the map in the case was less that 1920 pixels wide. While this is obviously still a bug, it's relative simple to work around it by turning down your resolution in order to play that map.

It seems like it would be a good idea to sticky a thread with work arounds like this so that people can deal with these issues in the future.

Kevin

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI