New Equipment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Zort -> New Equipment (3/3/2007 8:06:26 PM)

Is there a way to move the new equipment that is created under the appropriate heading, ie a new tank to under tanks?

Dr. Foo -> RE: New Equipment (3/3/2007 8:11:10 PM)

No unfortunately, there is not. Anything created under new equipment cannot be moved elsewhere. You could however, modify and rename a tank that you know you will never use and that way you can have your new tank under tanks. [:)]

Zort -> RE: New Equipment (3/3/2007 8:12:43 PM)

Thanks.

ralphtricky -> RE: New Equipment (3/3/2007 11:57:27 PM)

I believe that in pure XML, you've got a lot more freedom. In TOAW, the headings are purely arbitrary, and you can create extras if you want. I don't believe that there is a limit to them.

I'm not sure what the limitations of BioEd are, though.

Dr. Foo -> RE: New Equipment (3/4/2007 12:51:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

I believe that in pure XML, you've got a lot more freedom. In TOAW, the headings are purely arbitrary, and you can create extras if you want. I don't believe that there is a limit to them.

I'm not sure what the limitations of BioEd are, though.

Wow, I never thought of that! In XML you can place new equipment and even new headings as long as you get the flags correct it should work perfectly! Thanks for the tip! [&o]

Boonierat -> RE: New Equipment (3/4/2007 7:19:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zort

Is there a way to move the new equipment that is created under the appropriate heading, ie a new tank to under tanks?

You can actually, use the Insert After and Insert Before button to create a new line in the category of your chosing, go to the equip you wish to move, copy it, paste it on the new line you created and update, voilą [;)].

In fact you don't have to use the New Equipment category, just insert lines in the existing categories.

Dr. Foo -> RE: New Equipment (3/4/2007 8:28:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat

In fact you don't have to use the New Equipment category, just insert lines in the existing categories.

I stand corrected...I just played with it in BioEd and yes you can move new equipment. Thanks Boonierat!

Boonierat -> RE: New Equipment (3/4/2007 8:57:40 PM)

Be carefull thought to do that only when you create a new scenario, don't instert new lines in the equip file of an existing one or else your units TOEs will be badly messed up [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI