Demo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Font de Llop -> Demo (3/6/2007 4:16:29 PM)

There is any demo of this game?
This looks fine but I want to play before buy it...... too € for a mistake!
Thanks

Dasara II -> RE: Demo (3/6/2007 5:12:24 PM)

I do not know if there is a demo, but I can not think that a demo would do this game justice.

This has to be the best ACW game I have played both on the strategic level and at the tactical level.

If you are even remotely interested in strategy games, this is a must buy [8D]

Font de Llop -> RE: Demo (3/6/2007 5:48:21 PM)

Yes, I've seen this mix of strategic and tactical level... it's wonderful. It's a great point! In the strategic games I always search a good mix of those.

I don't see anywhere a demo, but I hope the people can give me some light.
Maybe I'll buy it, I have to think... the Turtledove's books turns me like crazy for play the ACW [:D]

Gil R. -> RE: Demo (3/6/2007 6:47:14 PM)

I'm sorry, there's no demo. If you want an idea of the game, read the AAR's posted at the top of the main forum page to see what the strategic game is like, and inside the AAR's sub-forum read Hard Sarge's descriptions of tactical battles. Not the same as a demo, but certainly informative.

adamcs -> RE: Demo (3/6/2007 10:05:07 PM)

I have to say this is more than a game only. I wrote my dissertation on the South in the Civil War but that's close to nothing what these people here in the forum and the project itself are giving me here. Even if it sounds slightly exaggerated. So if you are really interested in this era you must buy this game. If not you are going to be.
And of course,as a game, the best I have ever played with ( I am a very fussy person about tactical games). Forget the demo and just look at the number of people and threads in the forum. Speaks for itself.[:D][sm=happy0065.gif]
Read over: After Action Reports/JonReb(CSA) v ShootMe(USA):Glory of the South!

adamcs -> RE: Demo (3/6/2007 10:09:45 PM)

yes, and Hard Sarge's description is even better

Font de Llop -> RE: Demo (3/8/2007 12:32:26 PM)

Well, well, I read the ARR in a record time... and the most probable is that I'll buy the game.
I hope the "trainer level" (I don't kown how say it [:o]) will be useful.

Thanks guys

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI