WiF Master Edition (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Frederyck -> WiF Master Edition (3/7/2007 3:04:25 PM)

You might not all be aware of this: (click on the "Master Edition")

http://www.gdg.de/

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/7/2007 7:37:14 PM)

Interesting. Thanks for the post.

argaur -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/7/2007 11:48:35 PM)

Any release date?

trees -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/8/2007 6:51:56 AM)

I've known this was on the horizon, but still...dang, there goes another half-dozen hundred hours of my life

Frederyck -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/8/2007 9:53:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beren

Any release date?

Well, the page mentions a thousand advance orders before going to production, and the game isn't up yet at adg's site, so it's probably going to be a while.

38special -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/8/2007 6:59:32 PM)

I own all of the previous editions, but still prefer the 5th edition. I will buy this also, but will I play it? Do not know.[:D]

Jimm -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 1:32:48 AM)

Hmm, immediate reaction= I FEAR CHANGE!!!

But then guess that's the nature of the beast.

Like the idea of seperate Air/Naval/Land HQs- the WiFFE system of HQs doesnt sit right with me.

38special -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 2:43:56 AM)

actually, I like the idea of div level. Monthly turns too. I would prob play it over the past editions. I would want to hear more about it though.[:)]

coregames -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 4:04:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frederyck

Well, the page mentions a thousand advance orders before going to production, and the game isn't up yet at adg's site, so it's probably going to be a while.

You're right; If it's anything like 7 Ages, we have quite a wait till those thousand are ordered. My copy didn't arrive for over a year. This being WiF, the brand name may inspire more pre-orders, mine for instance.

Neilster -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 4:25:09 AM)

Divisional level? Bah! Too coarse grained. I'm holding out for Combat Mission:WiF. Then I can tell Helmut to drive his tank into that copse of trees and hide it, his wife to make ball bearings and his son to practise knots at the Hitler Youth camp. [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

Caranorn -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 2:51:15 PM)

I must confess the info on GDG's site on the Master edition doesn't sound all that good. I certainly can't imagine ever playing that version. Essentially too complex for too little gain (loss in some areas). Worse, I have far less trust in Rüdiger's work then Harry's. While I can't make a final judgement on the Master Edition before I have a copy in front of me, the likelyhood of getting one is very low... All in all it's a no buy for me (largely because I can no longer take risks buying a game I might neither play nor agree with (the design)).

composer99 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 4:38:19 PM)

I would consider trying it on Cyberboard/Vassal or some other PBEM engine before making a purchase decision. I understand it's supposed to use the actual WiF maps, which means that with a divisional scale the counter density will be out of control even in 1939, never mind by the end game.

Frederyck -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 5:44:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

I would consider trying it on Cyberboard/Vassal or some other PBEM engine before making a purchase decision. I understand it's supposed to use the actual WiF maps, which means that with a divisional scale the counter density will be out of control even in 1939, never mind by the end game.

Especially with the new stacking rules where you (if I read correctly) add the number of "x"-s on the counters to evaluate how many can stack in a hex. And considering that they seem to have brigades as well (saw an Engineer brigade) you could possibly have five land counters in a European hex...

qgaliana -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 5:57:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

Divisional level? Bah! Too coarse grained. I'm holding out for Combat Mission:WiF. Then I can tell Helmut to drive his tank into that copse of trees and hide it, his wife to make ball bearings and his son to practise knots at the Hitler Youth camp. [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

God help me, I might actually buy that. I think I need professional help [:D]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/9/2007 9:20:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qgaliana
quote:

Cheers, Neilster

God help me, I might actually buy that. I think I need professional help [:D]

I think the current phrase is "Intervention".[;)]

trees -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/10/2007 4:15:55 AM)

I do look forward to seeing the new optional map ??? confusing. I assumed it would go to a new map, couldn't imagine fighting the Western Front with divisions on the regular WiF map.

38special -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/10/2007 4:45:42 AM)

You may have to use off map areas to put corps elements together....

composer99 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/11/2007 12:23:32 AM)

It will be interesting to see, anyway. At least it will have stacking limits of some kind. If there's one thing I didn't like about Hearts of Iron (and most area-based wargames in general), it's the lack of stacking limits.

YohanTM2 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/12/2007 12:07:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimm

Hmm, immediate reaction= I FEAR CHANGE!!!

But then guess that's the nature of the beast.

Like the idea of seperate Air/Naval/Land HQs- the WiFFE system of HQs doesnt sit right with me.

LOL, how can you like WiF if you don't like change <g>

YohanTM2 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/12/2007 12:10:13 AM)

I will be buying it though

delatbabel -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/14/2007 6:41:58 AM)

quote:

Cheers, Neilster

If you collect 203,454 ASL maps and 35,707 sets of counters you can do the entire eastern front on squad scale.

Ballista -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/15/2007 12:06:11 AM)

[/quote]

If you collect 203,454 ASL maps and 35,707 sets of counters you can do the entire eastern front on squad scale.

[/quote]

I'm about 1/1500 of the way there then [:)] (Part of my gaming shelves GROAN under the weight of all my ASL stuff)...

Mziln -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/15/2007 12:12:49 AM)

We used to play Panzer Blitz (a platoon level game) with corps [:D] 

[:D] It only took 24 games and a trip to Origins [:D]

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiF Master Edition (3/19/2007 7:09:06 PM)

Wow! [X(] I cant wait! [:D]

fallgelb -> RE: WiF Master Edition (5/8/2007 12:36:59 AM)

Proofed stacking limit is 9 brigades in Paris with "last man standing option" (loss of one more unflipped unit to avoid Shatter results). 

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiF Master Edition (5/21/2007 2:22:39 AM)

Any updated news on this yet? We await with bated breath. [:D]

pzgndr -> RE: WiF Master Edition (5/21/2007 9:47:07 PM)

quote:

Any release date?

And also for MWiF-ME. Origins 2010?? [:'(]

composer99 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (5/22/2007 8:19:21 PM)

While someone may take the time to let us know on this forum whether Master Edition WiF is out, this isn't the actual forum for it, so if you're poking around here with bated breath, at the very least don't hold it. [;)]

SLAAKMAN -> RE: WiF Master Edition (12/5/2007 2:19:22 AM)

(Still holding breath. Its a world record.)[:'(][:D]

composer99 -> RE: WiF Master Edition (12/5/2007 6:01:02 PM)

So all your metabolic energy needs are being met with anaerobic processes? Impressive.[;)]

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI