Supply Loading Problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

afspret -> Supply Loading Problems (3/8/2007 1:04:24 AM)

Are there plans to fix the problem with cargo/transport TFs leaving port with less than a full load? I've had this problem ever since patching to 1.804. The most recent incident was when two RN TFs left Karachi, one bound for Diamond Harbor and the other Chandpur, with each ship (AK & TK) loading only 100 supply points before leaving port.

wworld7 -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/8/2007 2:38:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret

Are there plans to fix the problem with cargo/transport TFs leaving port with less than a full load? I've had this problem ever since patching to 1.804. The most recent incident was when two RN TFs left Karachi, one bound for Diamond Harbor and the other Chandpur, with each ship (AK & TK) loading only 100 supply points before leaving port.

Hopefully it will be in the next patch.

Until then CHECK every cargo TF BEFORE it leaves port. And yes, this is a pain.

Flipper

bradfordkay -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/8/2007 7:08:53 AM)

Someone, i forget who, managed to notice that the situation was tied into disbanding TFs in a port where a TF is loading. Double check all TFs in the port after you disband one. You might notice (I certainly have) one of your TFs is no longer designated as "loading" even though it is not full. If you give it new orders to load, it will do so and leave full (unless halted by the disbandment of another TF).

Sardaukar -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/8/2007 10:29:27 AM)

Yes, auto-disband tends to stop other TFs to load in base.

USSAmerica -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/8/2007 2:34:59 PM)

I've seen the issue with load orders changing to idle after disbanding a TF in a port many times.  I can't be 100% sure, but I think it's usually the next highest TF number in that port which gets it's load orders canceled.  Check 'em all anyway.  LOL 

shawn118aw -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/9/2007 2:45:55 AM)

Is there any plans to change or give players the option to load ALL supplies at a base vs the 10% load limit rule (the same way I can do with fuel)?  It should be up to me I want to clean out a base of supplies ASAP.  Also how about giving the player the option of how much supplies to load on a ship. 

afspret -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/9/2007 8:24:52 AM)

I don't use auto disband and I didn't manually disband any TFs in Karachi before trying to load supplies on to the two TF in question. The only thing I did prior to that was combine all the APs I sent back to Karachi from all the other Indian ports into one TF in preperation to load the 18th UK Inf Div when it arrives.

USSAmerica -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/9/2007 1:03:31 PM)

Another irritating problem is loading a TF with AK's of different capacities in it.  For instance, when the 4500 AK's fill, the entire TF will depart the base, even though there may be many 7000 AK's with only 4500 cargo points loaded.  I've taken to sorting most of my AK's by capacity into different TF's.

bradfordkay -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/9/2007 7:31:46 PM)

afspret... it could be that when you combined all the ships into one TF, the game considered that as disbanding the other TFs. My experience has been that when I disband a TF, the next loading TF to the right (on the bottom of the screen) will stop loading. This does not mean that it has to be the very next TF, but the first one that is loading. YMMV, as I'm sure that I have noticed all the parameters of this issue...

Basically, whenever I disband any TF in a port, I check to see if that affected any loading convoys. Now I'll do it if I combined TFs in that port, based on your post.

Ken Estes -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/10/2007 5:34:28 AM)

I have simply decided for weeks to load each convoy, making sure that 'do not unload' is activated, and leave it in place until it goes 'idle'. There are also problems of matching capacity with cargo, i.e. they are not loading to capacity, and are not loading all the units clicked on, within the stated capacity. Chalk it up to stevedores, foreign/Korean labor, unions, etc. on either side as applicable.

afspret -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/10/2007 7:03:51 AM)

Thanks. Clicking on 'Do Not Unload" is the route I've decided to take as well.

afspret -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/16/2007 7:38:45 AM)

I don't think disbanding or combining other TFs in a port where you're trying to load supplies onto another TF is the problem.  I just had another incident where a cargo TF pulled out of Karachi before being fully loaded.  The only exception is this time the AKs loaded 1600 supply pts and the TKs loaded 6000 fuel pts.  I did not merge or disband any other TFs that were in Karachi prior to giving the load order or after. 

herwin -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/16/2007 12:50:57 PM)

quote:

I don't think disbanding or combining other TFs in a port where you're trying to load supplies onto another TF is the problem.  I just had another incident where a cargo TF pulled out of Karachi before being fully loaded.  The only exception is this time the AKs loaded 1600 supply pts and the TKs loaded 6000 fuel pts.  I did not merge or disband any other TFs that were in Karachi prior to giving the load order or after. 

I check every port and base every turn. In every port, I organise and disband TFs first, and then I check the TFs to make sure they're loading. Seems to work.

wworld7 -> RE: Supply Loading Problems (3/16/2007 7:25:01 PM)

quote:

I don't think disbanding or combining other TFs in a port where you're trying to load supplies onto another TF is the problem.  

Disbanding a TF (most definately one to the LEFT of a loading TF) is at least part of the the problem, and was caused by one of the recent patches.

Which the next patch will hopefully fix.

Flipper

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI