In Fite,>? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room

freeboy -> In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 4:01:47 AM)

Is there a downside to disbanding troops that are to be withdrawn?

Veers -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 4:11:21 AM)

Well, if FitE is like most games, disbanding troops that are to be withdrawn is probably against the house rules. I haven't played the scenario, however, so someone with more experience playing it will likely give you a more accurate answer.

freeboy -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 7:00:18 AM)

Good call, I did not get his approval, so I just am using them as fast as I can before the mighty 10th Panzer gets pulled back!

Veers -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 7:24:58 AM)

Well, read the scenario briefing. It should mention whether or not units can be disbanded.

freeboy -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 8:05:05 AM)

I do not recall anything.. but it makes sense that the designers do not want you to "cheat" many small tweeks are going into the next game , allowing the german player much greater flexibility, no changes to the oob stock game jsut house rules changes.. some for S side too.
thanks

Monkeys Brain -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 12:28:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Good call, I did not get his approval, so I just am using them as fast as I can before the mighty 10th Panzer gets pulled back!

yes it would be cheat to disband those units that were supposed to pull out. I just suggest them to use them as agressively as you can hehe and not look at their losses

Telumar -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 12:46:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain

quote:

yes it would be cheat to disband those units that were supposed to pull out. I just suggest them to use them as agressively as you can hehe and not look at their losses

Haha [:D] and even that is some kind of gamey, think of reality! [:D]

HQ, 10.Panzer Division, 10.Mai 1942, somewhere in Russia

Stabs-Gefreiter Schulz (happily cheering): "General von Meyer, we have orders to France!!"
General von Meyer (angryily shouting): "Do you want to take me for a fool, volunteering for the penal battalion, Schulz?!??!Do you really think this is good news?!"
Stabs-Gefreiter Schulz (speachless): ??
Oberst Müller, 1a: "He's a noob, Sir."

Monkeys Brain -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 1:49:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

quote:

quote:

Haha [:D] and even that is some kind of gamey, think of reality! [:D]

HQ, 10.Panzer Division, 10.Mai 1942, somewhere in Russia

Stabs-Gefreiter Schulz (happily cheering): "General von Meyer, we have orders to France!!"
General von Meyer (angryily shouting): "Do you want to take me for a fool, volunteering for the penal battalion, Schulz?!??!Do you really think this is good news?!"
Stabs-Gefreiter Schulz (speachless): ??
Oberst Müller, 1a: "He's a noob, Sir."

You are right, it is gamey [;)] but is allowed.

Gamey in TOAW is rather broad term. Corps HQ's holding out escape route to 5 Russian divisions encircled is one of them. And many others.

Hey, and off topic MEDIEVAL 2: TOTAL WAR is fantastic, you should all buy it. But then forget about TOAW for a while and shaving haha.

Mario

freeboy -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/12/2007 8:17:09 PM)

te next house rules another player and I are discussing will allow LOTS of stuff for the Germans to help balance this monster out thanks guys..

golden delicious -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/13/2007 2:47:48 AM)

quote:

Gamey in TOAW is rather broad term. Corps HQ's holding out escape route to 5 Russian divisions encircled is one of them. And many others.

Well, in this case, gamey actions fall into two categories;

a) those which could be prevented by good design
b) those which could only be prevented by house rule.

What you're describing is a)- exploiting it at least serves as an abject lesson to all who would come after. Disbanding units which are due to withdraw would be b).

Telumar -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/13/2007 4:28:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

quote:

Well, in this case, gamey actions fall into two categories;

a) those which could be prevented by good design
b) those which could only be prevented by house rule.

What you're describing is a)- exploiting it at least serves as an abject lesson to all who would come after. Disbanding units which are due to withdraw would be b).

Hm, one could set up events with a VP penalty for the loss of those units that are ordered to be withdrawn. Of course these events should be set to not fire until some two or three rounds before the actual withdrawal turn. And if a certain unit is destroyed before this the according VP loss event could be cancelled. Haven't thought this out till the end, just an idea off the top of my head and maybe totally useless for a scen like FitE as it consumes quite some slots, but i could imagine that it wouldn't work bad for smaller scenarios.

golden delicious -> RE: In Fite,>? (3/13/2007 7:51:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Hm, one could set up events with a VP penalty for the loss of those units that are ordered to be withdrawn. Of course these events should be set to not fire until some two or three rounds before the actual withdrawal turn. And if a certain unit is destroyed before this the according VP loss event could be cancelled. Haven't thought this out till the end, just an idea off the top of my head and maybe totally useless for a scen like FitE as it consumes quite some slots, but i could imagine that it wouldn't work bad for smaller scenarios.

I'd say a house rule. It's not difficult to remember or enforce. The above solution uses a lot of events and is not foolproof.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI