Gary Grigsby (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

Avatar47 -> Gary Grigsby (3/12/2007 6:08:00 PM)

I'd just like to tip my hat to Gary and complement him for his excellent work. I'm really enjoying this game, and have enjoyed his games for years. In fact, I didn't even have to read any reviews about WaW to know it was a kickass game, because it came from Gary :) I've been playing War in Russia for years and years now, since I'm 12, plus some of his other games, like Carriers at War. Simply a first-class wargame designer, second-to-none.

I never seem to see him on the board, but if Joel could give him a pat on the back for me, that'd be dandy :).

Sry for this patronizing thread!

Maurym -> RE: Gary Grigsby (3/12/2007 6:11:55 PM)

I concur

dobeln -> RE: Gary Grigsby (3/13/2007 4:39:47 PM)

Aye, as sycophantic as it may sound, GGWaWAWD tops the list of "best games ever". No, really. And I've played quite a few over the years. 

06 Maestro -> RE: Gary Grigsby (3/14/2007 3:23:46 AM)

I've only had one game by G. G.; BTR. I played the hell out of it for over a year-the man does turn out a good product. Perhaps I should give WAW a try.

christian brown -> RE: Gary Grigsby (3/14/2007 8:00:50 AM)

Strangely enough, I think this game engine is so goood it could and SHOULD be used to simulate other conflicts. GG rules.

dobeln -> RE: Gary Grigsby (3/14/2007 1:23:16 PM)

"I've only had one game by G. G.; BTR. I played the hell out of it for over a year-the man does turn out a good product. Perhaps I should give WAW a try."

If you like grand-scale strategy, PBEM, have a megalomanic streak, and dislike moving huge numbers of units (I.e. company-level Barbarossa campaigns, etc.), then this is quite possibly the closest to Gaming Nirvana you will ever get. Until the next GG game, of course ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI