Download problems (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Strax -> Download problems (3/13/2007 7:59:22 PM)

Hello,
I've purchased this by digital download and physical copy. My rubbishy computer took 3 and a half hours to download the zip file and then everytime I tried to extract the files nothing would happen and task manager told me that the programme was not responding and then my computer would crash.

When I re-booted the computer the install programe would be on my desk top but when I stared to install it would say that not all files were there or that maybe I had a corrupted file. Then it would crash again.

I'm not going to download it again as I can't be bothered to wait another 3 to 4 hours.
Has anybody else had this problem and how long should I expect to wait for the physical copy?

Thanks for any help.

LarryP -> RE: Download problems (3/13/2007 8:04:29 PM)

I have had many a zip file corrupted which sounds like what you have there. It has happened with me on dial-up and my current broadband cable connection. You need to either download again, or buy the physical copy.

Strax -> RE: Download problems (3/13/2007 8:16:08 PM)

Thanks mate.
I've already purchased the Physical copy (I think it came free with the download)
I'm going to wait for it to turn up.
Hopefully it won't be long. I bought it on saturday so I'm hoping for tomorrow.

LarryP -> RE: Download problems (3/13/2007 8:24:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Strax

Thanks mate.
I've already purchased the Physical copy (I think it came free with the download)
I'm going to wait for it to turn up.
Hopefully it won't be long. I bought it on saturday so I'm hoping for tomorrow.

You're very welcome, but I wish I could do more to get you playing today. I know how frustrating things like that can be. The longer a download takes, the more chances of corruption problems. It took me only a few minutes to download CoI with my current connection which is a broadband cable. I still can get corrupted files though but not as often. When I had dialup I would do a lot of downloading late at night. I would sometimes go to bed while I downloaded, and turn it off when I got up to use the bathroom. [;)] I had less problems then too. Hope you can play soon!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI