Attributes gained in combat ... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

christof139 -> Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 4:30:29 PM)

The game engine is now allowing attributes/abilities to be gained in combat by units that perform well. This has happened in a game for me several times.

I think that is OK!!![:)]

Also, I cannot promote any Generals when I wish to, what's going on please??

Thanx, Chris

Gil R. -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 4:44:17 PM)

Just click on a general and then click on the icon that has an upward arrow and some stars (the one that looks like the mirror opposite of the demotion button). It should then give you a choice of ranks.

If you're doing that but it doesn't work, that would probably mean that all of your upper-rank slots are filled.

By the way, remember what Erik asked: threads about the public beta version need to go in that subforum. (I'd move this thread, but my brother's lousy Dell + IE seem to have weakened my moderator's superpowers, in that the pop-up box I need to do this doesn't come up. So it's your thread's lucky day.)

christof139 -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 4:51:18 PM)

quote:

Just click on a general and then click on the icon that has an upward arrow and some stars (the one that looks like the mirror opposite of the demotion button). It should then give you a choice of ranks.

If you're doing that but it doesn't work, that would probably mean that all of your upper-rank slots are filled.

By the way, remember what Erik asked: threads about the public beta version need to go in that subforum. (I'd move this thread, but my brother's lousy Dell + IE seem to have weakened my moderator's superpowers, in that the pop-up box I need to do this doesn't come up. So it's your thread's lucky day.)

Ohhhhh, could be that you may be right. I have to try this earlier in the game and/or when I have more Acadeomies built then.

Well, seems everyone else is posting questions and what nots about the game mechanics whether they be from the old version or new upgraded version of the game, so I thought I would be normal like everyone else.

Cheers, Chris

FirstPappy -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 4:55:46 PM)

"Ohhhhh, could be that you may be right. I have to try this earlier in the game and/or when I have more Acadeomies built then."

I think the readme says that the number of Academies no longer determine promotions. It is the number of groups now.

Gil R. -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 5:18:14 PM)

Bingo. The way to get more slots for 2/3/4-stars now is to create more divisions/corps/armies. Academies are still necessary for obtaining five-stars, though.

General Quarters -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 5:40:30 PM)

Is that a one-for-one ratio -- if I have 18 divisions, I will get 18 maj gens, etc?

Gil R. -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/18/2007 5:44:03 PM)

Yes, that's what I'm told.

ericbabe -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/19/2007 12:19:20 AM)

I believe 4* and 3* generals are 1-1 with armies/corps, but players have 2 more 2* generals are (if I remember correctly) than the number of divisions they have.

christof139 -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/19/2007 3:30:18 AM)

quote:

think the readme says that the number of Academies no longer determine promotions. It is the number of groups now.

Ah ha!! That is the reason I couldn't promote anyone as I didn't have enough containers. Very nice idea!!

Thanx for the help, Chris

Gil R. -> RE: Attributes gained in combat ... (3/19/2007 3:39:41 AM)

Our original idea of using academies to get more high-ranking generals was a good idea on paper, but proved too cumbersome because of the different ways one could put armies together in the Civil War. We reserve the right to use it in a future game, but for this one it made sense to abandon it altogether, and give people as many high-ranking generals as they need.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI