Status on strikeout bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

jaywigley -> Status on strikeout bug? (3/21/2007 3:22:17 PM)

I've not seen any mention lately of the high strikeout bug, where strikeout totals spiral incredibly high during a season when the in-season ratings changes are enabled. Has this issue been fixed in the CE versions of the game?

KG Erwin -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/22/2007 1:13:36 AM)

Jay, I believe that the in-season ratings changes have been scrapped for now. I frankly don't think many players favored it (I definitely don't).

The incremental one-or-two point increases/decreases are just too difficult to keep track of, and created too many anomalies (like the "strikeout bug"). It's not worth the headaches, IMHO.

DonBraswell -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/22/2007 3:39:44 AM)

I think it's still in CE. When I upgraded to CE it asked me if I wanted in season rating changes.
Don

akcranker -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/22/2007 10:53:16 AM)

Yea I've been using the in-season rating changes with CE.. I didn't know there was any bugs with it.. can someone elaborate on this please?

And just to point out that Shaun doesn't do this full-time anymore so I would say be patient with him fixing stuff because I know he checks in from time to time but I know he's doing his real job and spending more time with his family which is cool with me.

jaywigley -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/22/2007 8:02:58 PM)

By NO means am I complaining. . .I know and understand that "real world" concerns take priority over Shaun fixing the game. I was asking only because I saw it in the 1.51 release and have since upgraded to the CE version but wasn't sure if I could turn back on the in-season ability changes.

I will leave it disabled unless Shaun posts here that it's fixed.

The bug manifests as follows: with in-season talent and ability changes enabled, strikeout ability will begin to spiral out of control on some (most? all?) pitchers, leading to an impossibly large number of strikeouts in a given season. For example, the top ten strikeout seasons from my 1966-1980 (so far) replay league was over 800 strikeouts in a single season for #1, "down" to about 600 for the #10 place. The league starts out "normal" (I use the default XML at all times) but after a few seasons (again, ONLY with the in-season ability changes enabled) some pitchers become strikeout machines, striking out over 30 batters per game at times.

KG Erwin -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/23/2007 12:16:12 AM)

Oops, my apologies. I had set up my association in December '06 and had thought that Shaun had taken the in-season changes OUT subsequently. Had I bothered to try out a new setup which CE I would've known that the option is still there.

akcranker -> RE: Status on strikeout bug? (3/23/2007 11:20:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jaywigley

By NO means am I complaining. . .I know and understand that "real world" concerns take priority over Shaun fixing the game. I was asking only because I saw it in the 1.51 release and have since upgraded to the CE version but wasn't sure if I could turn back on the in-season ability changes.

I will leave it disabled unless Shaun posts here that it's fixed.

The bug manifests as follows: with in-season talent and ability changes enabled, strikeout ability will begin to spiral out of control on some (most? all?) pitchers, leading to an impossibly large number of strikeouts in a given season. For example, the top ten strikeout seasons from my 1966-1980 (so far) replay league was over 800 strikeouts in a single season for #1, "down" to about 600 for the #10 place. The league starts out "normal" (I use the default XML at all times) but after a few seasons (again, ONLY with the in-season ability changes enabled) some pitchers become strikeout machines, striking out over 30 batters per game at times.

Oh I wasn't saying you were complaining just figured you might be new around here and didn't know that Shaun doesn't do this full-time.. just wanted to let you know that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI