Multiplayer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Strax -> Multiplayer (3/27/2007 12:28:20 PM)

Hello,
Being new to the CC game I'm finding I must be a natural squad leader as I seem to be wiping the floor with the AI [X(] with reality set to 100% and speed set to fast.

I thought it time that a real person should teach my arrogant self a lesson and kick my arse all over the Russian steepes.

I understand that there are some problems getting Multiplayer to work and I must confess to being confused by it all.
Is there an idiots guide for people like me to get it to work.

Questions I have are, and apologies if they are obvious,
What is MMCC3? Is it a campaign multiplayer?
Is H2H the same as MMCC3 or is it something else?
What is Battle HQ?
How do we get them to work?

I've tried clicking on them from the main screen but everything seems a little confusing and nothing seems to work but I am quite ignorant of these things and it doesn't seem obvious to me.

Thank you.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer (3/27/2007 12:46:01 PM)

firstly to get everything to work

from your support foilder run CloseCombatCC.exe

C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Support\CloseCombatCC.exe

that will get you started.

Strax -> RE: Multiplayer (3/27/2007 12:51:54 PM)

OK mate, Thanks.
I'll do it as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Strax -> RE: Multiplayer (3/27/2007 9:40:50 PM)

Well, I've done as stated and managed to log on to Battle HQ....there was one bloke in one room who didn't speak to me.
MMCCIII wouldn't work. it said that some port number probably didn't exsist anymore.

What do I do now to enjoy the full expierience of COI?
Is it something to do with "forward porting"?

God, that scares the hell out of me....what does it mean????
I've played alot of other games online and never had to do anything like "porting forward".

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer (3/27/2007 10:38:42 PM)

Have you read the manuals?

<Drive>\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Manuals

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer (3/27/2007 10:42:01 PM)

When I try to play a MMCC3, the field "TCP adress" does not appear on my screen.

That is becasue you are running the Single Player Client. To play using this, you have to run the Single Player Server first (to be found in the Start Menu).

To play using the Muliplayer Client, you need to install this using CCModSwap. The plugin that you need is already installed, so just run CCModSwap, choose install and pick the plugin you will find in the Broswer dialog.

Summary:

No IP Number Box in the Client = Single Player Client. This is the default installation of the Client. This only works with the Single Player Server to give Campaigns. The Port Number to use is the one you will see on the Single Player Server screen after is has launched. The default is 1028 I believe, but if the Single Player Server shows a different Port Number, then use that number. No Interent connection is required, and this configuration does not support Multiplay.

IP Number Box in the Client = Multiplayer Client. Install and uninstall easily with CCModSwap.. You need to have an IP and Port Number to connect. When you launch this version, you will get a welcome message telling you the IP and Port numbers you can use. You do not need the Single Player Server running. __________________

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI