CV Fragmented Daitai??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

John 3rd -> CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 9:38:32 AM)

Hello Forum!

I have a squadron of Vals from the late-CV Hiryu that only has 8 planes but lists 20 pilots. Experience for this group is over 80 and I would REALLY like to use them against Capt Mandrake and his fiendish Allie.

How can I use these pilots?

I could easily put them on a large CV as extra punch but would like to get at those 20 pilots and not just the 8 who are flying planes.

Thoughts?

AmiralLaurent -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 9:54:24 AM)

I understand that Hiryu sank with the main body of the unit, and the remaining fragment was saved, but can't receive replacement aircraft (because it is a fragment). Right ?

The only thing you can do is disband the unit into another decimated Daitai, then you will be able to use both AC and pilots.

erstad -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 2:06:42 PM)

You can't disband a naval air unit, unless they changed that in a recent patch.

AmiralLaurent -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 2:27:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

It is not a naval air unit, but a fragment of a naval air unit and it can be disbanded either in another naval air unit, or a ground-based one with the same AC.

If it was a naval air unit (no "/x" after the name) then you can use as you wish. Bring them to a base with 20 000+ supplies and you will be able to draw replacement AC and bring it to 100% TOE.

Wolfie1 -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 4:46:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

It is not a naval air unit, but a fragment of a naval air unit and it can be disbanded either in another naval air unit, or a ground-based one with the same AC.

If it was a naval air unit (no "/x" after the name) then you can use as you wish. Bring them to a base with 20 000+ supplies and you will be able to draw replacement AC and bring it to 100% TOE.

Don't you need an air HQ there as well?

Dino -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 5:06:13 PM)

quote:

Don't you need an air HQ there as well?

No, air HQs don't affect replacements.

If you have 20K+ supplies at the base, that's all it takes. Alternatively, you can have less supplies there but be in the transfer range of a Command HQ that is located at a base with 20K+ supplies.

John 3rd -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 6:56:49 PM)

Thanks for the thoughts.

So this is what I need to do:
1.  Make sure the fragment is at a base with 20,000+ supply.
2.  I can then either:
---a.  Disband the unit into another
---b.  Allow it to fill out with aircraft

Is that correct?

Dino -> RE: CV Fragmented Daitai??? (3/28/2007 7:00:14 PM)

No, a fragment will not fill out under any circumstances.

As for disbanding, there is no supply requirement.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI