release patch ? when ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Zakouski -> release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 2:35:53 PM)

Can we expect a release patch soon ? The public beta has been tested for 2-3 weeks now, and we are April 1. Any news ?

Greyhunterlp -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 4:19:41 PM)

ahh, asking for news on april 1st, not really that bright an idea ;)

their to busy rewriting it so that the images of the southern generals are replaced with hamsters.

Onto the next person. :)

Gil R. -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 7:30:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakouski

Can we expect a release patch soon ? The public beta has been tested for 2-3 weeks now, and we are April 1. Any news ?

It's been two weeks (since 3/16). Eric has been making fixes according to the various reports we've had about problems. In the near future we'll release that for a second round of public testing to make sure that things work as they should, and if the fixes worked and the tweaks to the AI do indeed achieve desired results, we'll have a patch ready for release. I don't anticipate it taking an exceedingly long time, but won't write an estimated release date.

In the meantime, as can be seen from the public beta-testing forum, despite some unwelcome behavior by the AI on occasion and a few minor glitches, the game is working well enough right now that it can be played and enjoyed, so anyone eager to play can certainly do so already.

ericbabe -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 7:48:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter
ahh, asking for news on april 1st, not really that bright an idea ;)

their to busy rewriting it so that the images of the southern generals are replaced with hamsters.

Onto the next person. :)

That's right... we didn't think the game had enough of that good old Harry Turtledove flavor, so we're adding time travel and alien intervention before we release the new patch. And Sibley will have better ratings than either Lee or Grant.

Gil R. -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 8:06:48 PM)

Yes, Sibley will go to eleven.

Twotribes -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 10:17:45 PM)

Shouldnt Custer be elevated to 11 across the board also? And of course you can add in diplomacy and give him an 11 on that? )

Erik Rutins -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/1/2007 11:04:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Ooh, it goes to eleven?

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/2/2007 12:23:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakouski

I see you're actually serious about this. Is three weeks too long?

When the patch is released, it will be released. Have a little patience.

Alan

Malagant -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/3/2007 7:43:37 AM)

Why don't you just make ten better?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Ooh, it goes to eleven?

Zakouski -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/3/2007 6:06:36 PM)

I am patient. Should not have posted a 1st of april [;)]

Bombsight -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/6/2007 7:13:46 PM)

Erik,
As long as you are referencing Harry Turtledove, expand the map to include the "almost" irrelevant campaigns in New Mexico and South Texas. Why, you could also include Northern Mexico and add the French Invasion (Maximillian and Carlotta), various bandit warlords (Cortina), raids by the 1st Texas Union Cavalry (over 1/4 of the personnel were hispanic), Comanche Indian raids and Texas State troops (Rip Ford) as a bunch of meaningless what ifs to the greater scheme of things!

Drex -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/6/2007 7:36:33 PM)

Wait a minute. You're not going to leave out the Souix war in Minnesota?

christof139 -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/7/2007 10:38:12 AM)

quote:

Erik,
As long as you are referencing Harry Turtledove, expand the map to include the "almost" irrelevant campaigns in New Mexico and South Texas. Why, you could also include Northern Mexico and add the French Invasion (Maximillian and Carlotta), various bandit warlords (Cortina), raids by the 1st Texas Union Cavalry (over 1/4 of the personnel were hispanic), Comanche Indian raids and Texas State troops (Rip Ford) as a bunch of meaningless what ifs to the greater scheme of things!

When once playing as the USA with v1.23, I was invaded by the French through Mexico and the Brits from Canada. There were lots of them both, so I played awhile and then quit, surrendered.

Chris

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/11/2007 12:58:14 AM)

dir Sirs, what is the current official patch and where can I get it. sorry for my ignorance, I had a HDD crash and FoF is gone with all my save games, patches etc.

I made a copy to a DVD however, but I start at ZERO again.

please help-

Erik Rutins -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/11/2007 1:02:43 AM)

Oliver,

Reinstall FOF, then update it with the public beta patch (which is perfectly stable). You can find that in the Members Club with instructions in the public beta sub-forum.

Regads,

- Erik

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: release patch ? when ? (4/11/2007 1:20:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Oliver,

Reinstall FOF, then update it with the public beta patch (which is perfectly stable). You can find that in the Members Club with instructions in the public beta sub-forum.

Regads,

- Erik

thank you Sir ! [&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI