Strikeouts spiraling out of control (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball

akcranker -> Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/2/2007 1:21:15 AM)

Using an association I created in CE1 I believe and now updated to CE3 I created a real player association, I've played 2 seasons now and in the 3rd season Cole Hamels is leading the league with 734 Strikeouts!!! He led the league in 2007 with 494 and 2006 with 288. It seems like the first season is fine but after that it just rapidly goes up.

Now I know I've seen someone mention this on this board before but I couldn't find the old thread. If someone can find that and up it maybe we can compare our associations and get the info to Shaun so he can fix this because to me this is a major bug and is hurting an associtaion that I'm really enjoying and don't want to start over :(

puresimmer -> RE: Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/2/2007 7:45:54 PM)

Are you by any chance using in-season ratings changes?

akcranker -> RE: Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/5/2007 12:32:33 AM)

Yes I am Shaun

jono -> RE: Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/5/2007 1:40:47 AM)

This is a known issue that is happening only in leagues with the inseason rating changes enabled.  The last thread on it was started on 3/21 by Jaywigley entitled Status on strikeout bug?.  (Sorry I don't know how to create a link to it, I'm computer illiterate).

KG Erwin -> RE: Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/5/2007 2:59:51 AM)

Yeah, I agree. The in-season ratings changes routine isn't working properly, so I didn't use it for my "Golden Age" association.

Akcranker, the only solution I can see for you is to start from scratch and not use that feature.

My suggestion to Shaun would be to disable it until the bugs can be worked out, or remove it completely.

bobsayah -> RE: Strikeouts spiraling out of control (4/5/2007 6:50:31 PM)

Does this only show up in real player associations, or fictional associations as well? I did enable the inseason ratings changes when I upgraded my fictional association to PS2007, and while I haven't seen any evidence of this yet, I'm still in my first season since enabling this feature. I've been playing this same association for over three years (in "real time", not "game time"), so I'm really hoping this bug doesn't end up ruining this association for me over time.

If this is going to hit me eventually, I'd really like a new release at some point where I could disable this feature. The only reason I chose it was that I understood that I got a "one time chance" to decide whether my association would use it for the rest of eternity, and since it sounded cool, I went for it. At this point, though, I'm not sure I care one way or the other which way the ratings change - but I would care if I suddenly got players with "superpowers" dominating the league.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI