This is just stupid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support

Strax -> This is just stupid (4/3/2007 5:48:22 PM)

C'mon Matrix whats going on with the Multiplayer?
It seems to me most people are having or have had trouble getting it to work.

Schreken has been helpful but he's on the otherside of the planet to me so getting a coversation going is difficult.

I've never played a multiplayer that is as awkward to work as this.
Medieval Total war seems to have a good multiplayer thing going on can't we copy that model?
When I buy a game I want it to work...easily... without stepping into the black art of reconfiguring my computer. I want to click and be transported into the wonderful world of online gaming. Not have to show other gamers my ineptitude at "forward porting".

I know my rig is good enough to play this as I've played countless current games online including FPS. But I include a dxdiag incase this may help someone in telling me what to do.

Could we please have an easy step by step guide on how to get this to work?

shunwick -> RE: This is just stupid (4/3/2007 9:58:57 PM)

Strax,

If it's any consolation I have no idea what forward porting is either.

Best wishes,

Andrew Williams -> RE: This is just stupid (4/4/2007 2:38:33 AM)

Still don't know what probem you are having.

if you can't find an opponent, that can't be fixed.

if you have a connection issue, that can be fixed.

It's al ot easier than trying to get online with a playstation.

Strax -> RE: This is just stupid (4/4/2007 1:25:10 PM)

Good morning Schreken,
The problem I am having is that the pop up welcome message always gives me the same ip address (you suggested that it should be different) and that it only offers me ports 2108-10. I can't connect to any others.

Is there a way of finding out what my IP addy is before I go to MMCCIII and then accessing ports 1939-45?
There is never any opponents on the ports 2108-10 so I presume they are all on 1939-45 just waiting to kick my arse.

Is there a big online community for this game that are enjoying playing against each other or am I the only one?
I'm certainly the only one on ports 2108-10.

e_barkmann -> RE: This is just stupid (4/4/2007 1:52:16 PM)

I usually get a direct IP game through Battle HQ - best times are usually on the weekends

cheers

Andrew Williams -> RE: This is just stupid (4/4/2007 3:13:17 PM)

There are servers only running on ports 2109 2109 and 2110

There are no servers on 1939 - 1942 (well, I have one , but that's just for testing... so forget I said that)

The Ip address given by the pop up box is the IP of the server, noy your IP address. That's why it's always the same.  If you don't use it , you won't find a game.

There have been over 3,500 battles fought on the srevers since release, I've managed 20 or so h2h on MMCCIII servers.

To find out your own PC's IP address go here

http://whatsmyip.org/

Strax -> RE: This is just stupid (4/5/2007 1:07:10 PM)

Thank you.
I suppose then that I'm doing everything right and there isn't anyone to play at the times that I log on to MMCCIII.

Andrew Williams -> RE: This is just stupid (4/5/2007 5:33:16 PM)

Could be

There are ppl there when i log and I have to fight them off with a stick.

RD_Roach -> RE: This is just stupid (4/5/2007 9:02:22 PM)

quote:

I have to fight them off with a stick.

Ive looked real hard Andrew,but i cant find any sticks in the force pools,or carried by any troops...please advise?[sm=fighting0056.gif][sm=00000622.gif]

Andrew Williams -> RE: This is just stupid (4/6/2007 1:34:41 PM)

Immersion.

When I enter the virtual world of CC, I check reality at the door.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI