Linux (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

Huskerherbie -> Linux (4/7/2007 9:27:15 PM)

I was wondering if you can play this on Linux/Ubuntu?? I have a laptop that I travel with and was wanting to load it up there to play. I am a newbie at the linux but do know that you could get WINE or soemthing like that to play this too but might run into more problems so just wondering before I load it.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff Norton -> RE: Linux (4/7/2007 10:51:32 PM)

http://users.netwit.net.au/~pursang/game.html

Some good tips there for the linux gamer. At the bottom are some additional links that may assist.

-J

Nemo69 -> RE: Linux (4/17/2007 3:47:49 PM)

There's this thread from last year dealing with Wine and TOAW 3 - apparently, they're compatible, as one player states that he's able to run TOAW 3 on an Ubuntu box.

sbjepsen -> RE: Linux (6/4/2007 9:43:18 AM)

Running TOAW on a Slackware 11 / kernel 2.6 with CrossOver 6.0

Small glitches in sound made me turn them off - but runs excellent otherwise.

Regards,
S

JAMiAM -> RE: Linux (6/4/2007 10:17:41 AM)

Thanks for the feedback!

JMass -> RE: Linux (6/5/2007 3:52:25 PM)

I finally play TOAW 3 on my Linux box using vmware player, xp, and winscp to copy files from one OS to the other. [:)]
Using the last wine version works but TOAW crashes after few minutes. [&:]

ralphtricky -> RE: Linux (6/6/2007 2:43:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

I finally play TOAW 3 on my Linux box using vmware player, xp, and winscp to copy files from one OS to the other. [:)]

Any details on that? Have you tried turning off the sound?

Tjanks,
Ralph

JMass -> RE: Linux (6/6/2007 1:02:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
quote:

Any details on that? Have you tried turning off the sound?

My wine version is 0.9.38 on Kubuntu Feisty, TOAW 3 starts normally but scenario's loading time is very long, turning off sounds helps but last crash I had was after have changed Movement Paths from Visible to Floating.

JMass -> RE: Linux (6/8/2007 10:16:17 AM)

quote:

Now I have installed xp (stopping all unnecessary service) on VirtualBox, TOAW 3 runs smoothler than on vmware and the mouse is more responsive.
[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI