The Dolittle raid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

jwinter -> The Dolittle raid (4/10/2007 5:00:25 AM)

Can WITP duplicate the Dolittle raid of April 42? How do you base B-25s on the Hornet?

wdolson -> RE: The Dolittle raid (4/10/2007 5:13:34 AM)

You could start them on the Hornet at the start of a scenario, but the game won't load B-25s onto a carrier as far as I know.  I think El Cid was talking about creating something like that for RHS, but I don't know what happened to the idea.

The Doolittle Raid was basically a promotional stunt and didn't really do any significant damage, so it was left out of the design.

Bill

CEDeaton -> RE: The Dolittle raid (4/14/2007 8:43:22 AM)

The name says it all - the Do Little raid

jwilkerson -> RE: The Dolittle raid (4/14/2007 6:42:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwinter

Can WITP duplicate the Dolittle raid of April 42? How do you base B-25s on the Hornet?

]

No.

erstad -> RE: The Dolittle raid (4/14/2007 7:10:38 PM)

In the SPI monster game of War In the Pacific (roughly the same scale as WitP) there were special rules for a Dolittle raid, but the primary effect was to increase Japanese fighter garrison requirements in the Home Islands for the rest of the war. Not a big deal.

Those are the kind of "chrome" in the special rules that's easy for a cardboard chit game, but would be far more headache than value for a computer game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI