Could we get a total rating or an average? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist

SmilinJack -> Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/10/2007 5:16:29 PM)

Hi David,

I'm curious if you might eventually include a Total Rating, or an Average rating for the players? So, at a glance I can tell what a player is worth. Maybe, call it a Value Rating which could be the sum total of all pertanent ratings for the position or an average of all the pertannent ratings at the position. This could be used as a quick way to evaluate players real worth? Yes...similar to Madden Overall but focused on important ratings..I could maybe be a formula that even factors in weight, age or something.

Just a simple wishlist idea.

Jay

David Winter -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/10/2007 7:34:42 PM)

This has been brought up a couple of times and the general consensus in the community is that they don't want one.

People seemed okay with the idea for Team overall value (Team 1 Blocking v Team 2 Block Avoid) but the idea of an overall skill value for individual players seemed to cause great uproar.

David

dreamtheatervt -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/10/2007 8:04:43 PM)

I'd like to state precident for not having an overall value for players.

Jeff Garcia...in SF and Philly, he was a effective QB because his skills fit their system.  His Cleveland and Detroit production was quite forgettable.  You could say he was like a 84 QB in Philly and 68 in Cleveland.

garysorrell -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/11/2007 1:46:28 AM)

I like individual ratings. I wouldnt use an overall, even if there was one.

SmilinJack -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/11/2007 3:20:07 AM)

I'd like a Value rating so a friend and I could use this simple number as a quick way to cap our teams. Like an overall team score, like a salary cap...that's what I'm thinking.

I love having to assess players based on my biases and (like a real coach) best guess and production.

We all agree there for sure.

Jay

garysorrell -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/11/2007 4:40:39 AM)

I hadnt actually thought of it that way. That would not be a bad use of an overall.

Ive never been a huge fan of financials in a game. For all the gooey salary goodness in Madden, i usually turned off caps or clicked thru the process. A simpler cap like you mention above would be interesting.

SmilinJack -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/11/2007 6:26:02 PM)

I'm thinking of the old Wayne Gretzsky (sp) Hockey. Teams would have a total score based on the total ratings values and we would use that number to keep us honest.

I understand games that give you ownership sim control Front Office comes to mind...but this game is about something else, football, coaching, X's and O's.

I don't want all the contracts, financials etc...just a easy way to evaluate the overall quality of a teams roster and keep myself honest.

I don't even care for having an individual overall...but a team value would work. However, it would be heuristic to then figure out who must be cut to get under the limit without a individual score[;)]. So, you see the issue.

SmilinJack

garysorrell -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/12/2007 1:24:23 AM)

Ah, Wayne Gretzky Hockey....and I also had the Hockey League Simulator that went with it. Good times.

SmilinJack -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/12/2007 6:34:19 AM)

Yes[:)].

HLS I'd forgotten that...

They were good times...when it finally was available on the C64.

Friend of mine had it on the IBM or was it the Amiga...

Jay

Tbird -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/12/2007 7:48:00 AM)

The only reason I'm against is because it would be too easy to fill holes on your team. It would make building a superpower team way too easy. But then again Total Pro Football had an overall rating and it was very deceiving even players with a perfect rating we'ren't always very good.

Marauders -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/12/2007 9:16:54 AM)

I'd rather not have an overall rating, as it detracts from the individuality of the players.

I do look forward to having commissioner aspects built into the game that will look at the major skills for each player.

SmilinJack -> RE: Could we get a total rating or an average? (4/12/2007 9:56:50 PM)

I agree guys. My friend and I just conducted a draft. And the mystery about the ratings, ones personal preferences etc creates a feeling of player uniquness and it requires one to evaluate a player based on his set of numbers not one number.

All I want is a Value Rating. David can come up with a formula or use one column for a total number...just for easy reference when determing what a player's total ratings are for reference. I can add up the numbers by hand for a total but I cannot easily do this for 50 players. That's a pain in the throwing shoulder.

Jay

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI