Ships getting damaged in port. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

heenanc -> Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 1:34:37 AM)

What the deal with ships getting damage point up to SYM 10? Is this normal?

heenanc -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 1:38:21 AM)

I'll give you a bit more info it's 5/10/42 the port is pearl harbour, some have traveled from San but only a couple and i'm like 10 goes into the scenario?

bilbow -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 1:41:50 AM)

Could they have upgraded? That will show up as system damage

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 2:12:01 PM)

Either they started the scenario with some fixed damage, or they upgraded. As PH has a naval repair yard, any ship disbanding into port with upgrade set as 'yes' and an upgrade due will receive this upgrade and been 'damaged' accordingly.

KPAX -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 3:05:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Either they started the scenario with some fixed damage, or they upgraded. As PH has a naval repair yard, any ship disbanding into port with upgrade set as 'yes' and an upgrade due will receive this upgrade and been 'damaged' accordingly.

I think that the only ports which you can upgrade in are SF and Karachi. None of the other ports will upgrade your ships.

If they arrived in SF, sat there for a few turns and needed an upgrade, they might have upgraded in SF. The damage was there from the upgrade when you moved them and brought them to PH and did not notice it while building the TF in SF. [X(]

rtrapasso -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 3:12:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPAX

quote:

I think that the only ports which you can upgrade in are SF and Karachi. None of the other ports will upgrade your ships.

If they arrived in SF, sat there for a few turns and needed an upgrade, they might have upgraded in SF. The damage was there from the upgrade when you moved them and brought them to PH and did not notice it while building the TF in SF. [X(]

Uh... i am pretty sure any port with an naval shipyard can upgrade your ships... which includes places like Columbo, Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Melbourne, etc.

saj42 -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 4:26:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Uh... i am pretty sure any port with an naval shipyard can upgrade your ships... which includes places like Columbo, Pearl Harbor, Sydney, Melbourne, etc.

Correct rtrapasso
Ships will upgrade in ANY port with a repair yard. Conversions can only happen in S.F. or Osaka

tsimmonds -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 4:27:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

This is correct.

KPAX -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 5:04:52 PM)

Yep, that is what I said.  Only those two can convert(Upgrade) ships.  Anyone can repair them if they have a SY.

rtrapasso -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 5:09:07 PM)

quote:

Yep, that is what I said.  Only those two can convert(Upgrade) ships.  Anyone can repair them if they have a SY.

Um, convert does NOT equal upgrade, i think.

Upgrade means getting additional AA guns, or new radar - you will see a change in the ship from say "USS Bucketofbolts" to USS Bucketofbolts, 1942". It will still be the same ship type - i.e. - if it was a DD before, it will still be a DD.

And, any naval shipyard can do this.

Convert will change a ship to a different class - an AK to AS, for instance.

EDIT - Conversions shouldn't show SYS damage - they only show up when the ship is completely converted.

Upgrades WILL show SYS damage.

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Ships getting damaged in port. (4/13/2007 7:05:49 PM)

R is right, conversion, upgrade and repair are different processus

Conversion may be done only in Osaka (for Japan), Karachi and SF (Allied) and will change the type of the ship (from CS to CV, from AK to AR, AS, AE, MLE...). The ships will then "disappear" from the port and reapper in the list of reinforcement ships with their new type and a delay of 180 days for converted AK and of I-didn't-remember for Chitose and Chiyoda. When the ship will be available (delay = 0) it will arrive as a "new one" in the conversion port with SYS 0.

Upgrade will see the ships keep its type but "change clas" from for example 'DD Hatsuharu' to 'DD Hatsuhara 4/42'. Weapons will be changed or added, radar added, and so, for some ships the DUR will be increased (at least for one US CV). This will be possible in any base with a repair yard (for example in one PBEM I have taken PH for Japan and I have been able to upgrade Japanese ships in PH). The ship will remain in the game but will take SYS damage to show the "cost" of the upgrade. This SYS damage will depend of the durability of the ships, the higher DUR, the less SYS damage to the upgraded ship, but also the slowest it will repair. By the way to be upgraded the ship should have its upgrade option set to yes, have SYS damage 4 or less and be disbanded in a port with a repair yard.

Repair may take place everywhere, even at sea in some rare cases (but SYS damage under 5 will only be repaired if the ship is disbanded into a port). Repair yards are not mandatory but will accelerate the repair.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI