Surrender Bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

Viking67 -> Surrender Bug (4/13/2007 4:08:16 PM)

Has this bug been indentified and fixed for the next patch?

The Bug: Surrendering units, surrendered in HW and show as surrendered in battle details, but never leave thier container and reappear in the very next battle, even if it is in the same turn, so they are never leaving the roster. This is not a duplicate unit bug. IE: I fight a division with 5 brigades and two of them surrender. I fight this same container, in the same turn, and encounter the same units which previously surrendered.

How is the progress on the patch?

pzpat -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/14/2007 1:49:49 AM)

You're not alone.
I mentioned in a previous thread that I had captured the Wanderin' brigade, the Chicago BOT and the Eagle brigade in each of two consecutive HW battles, and captured the Eagle brigade a third consecutive time in the next battle.  I wonder if three times in a row is a record.  I don't pay attention to unit designation unless the captured brigade is an LU.
    If an LU is captured or destroyed and then recreated, does it lose the special abilities that the original soldiers possessed (since the original soldiers that had those abilities and the people that trained them are no longer around)?

christof139 -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/14/2007 2:25:47 AM)

That's happend to me too, and I think maybe Eric said that this bug had been noticed and will be corrected, but am not 100% positive.

Chris

ericbabe -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/14/2007 7:50:08 AM)

Does this happen with every unit of yours that surrenders in HW?

christof139 -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/14/2007 7:53:55 AM)

quote:

Does this happen with every unit of yours that surrenders in HW?

No, I don't think it does, but didn't thoroughly check, and just noticed that LU's were reappearing. Maybe one of these other fellows has more info.

Chris

Viking67 -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/14/2007 8:53:45 PM)

No. I have experienced all flavors of this. Sometimes no surrendered units reappear, sometimes only some, and sometimes all.

ericbabe -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/15/2007 12:59:28 AM)

Does it happen just with your units or do AI units that surrender also reappear?

christof139 -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/15/2007 1:10:45 AM)

quote:

No. I have experienced all flavors of this. Sometimes no surrendered units reappear, sometimes only some, and sometimes all.

Oh, OK and thanx for telling me that, i'll look for this to occur and tell you all about it here.

Chris

Viking67 -> RE: Surrender Bug (4/16/2007 2:01:19 PM)

I have only seen AI units surrender and reappear, not any of my own.

In 8 games on the beta, I have had only 8 or so of my units surrender, so my experience is not a good sample.

One the other hand, the AI has surrendered 30-40 units, with about 20 reappearing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI