Movement problem. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

AvG -> Movement problem. (4/18/2007 2:05:35 PM)

End December 1941 I conquered HongKong with 2 Inf Div, 3 ART and 1 HQ. After a short rest I needed these units so I send them to Canton. After maybe 10 days I saw they still did not arrive in Canton.
Triple check: They all had DH 43,41 and were appr halfway. The directions however were 4 times SE and 2 times E.
Not possible!!!.
After giving them new move-orders again to Canton all directions changed to NW and they arrived the next day.
Can I have made a mistake somewhere?

AvG

wdolson -> RE: Movement problem. (4/18/2007 2:22:43 PM)

Could be.  Sometimes units get weird orders too.

Bill

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Movement problem. (4/18/2007 5:35:56 PM)

Probably not one of your mistake, but a bug. It happens sometimes. Everytime I have one of my units not moving as fast as it should I check its direction. Sometimes you may have units ending in jungle while they were supposed follow a railway or a road...

rtrapasso -> RE: Movement problem. (4/18/2007 5:39:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Probably not one of your mistake, but a bug. It happens sometimes. Everytime I have one of my units not moving as fast as it should I check its direction. Sometimes you may have units ending in jungle while they were supposed follow a railway or a road...

it happens fairly often in my experience... maybe 1 in 20 or so (more or less)... another reason to check your units frequently. Other weird things: turn off ALL replacements for a command - go back several turns later and see how many are turned back on. It is disconcerting...

qgaliana -> RE: Movement problem. (4/18/2007 6:22:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

it happens fairly often in my experience... maybe 1 in 20 or so (more or less)... another reason to check your units frequently. Other weird things: turn off ALL replacements for a command - go back several turns later and see how many are turned back on. It is disconcerting...

I've seen the move problem too and caught a few units crawling into the jungle. I'm not sure but I got the impression I usually see it when the destination hex or nearby hexes change hands while in transit. Somewhere some bit flips and a whole corps decides to head off road into the jungle. Fortunately if you select the same destination hex you seem to get to keep your forward progress and your direction of march corrects.

Related observations: last time I had a replacement problem, it was just recently when I started playing parallel games for the first time in a long time. Quit - reload, etc. Aside from the old "oops forgot to save my old combat report" I started seeing a lot of wonky replacement and upgrade settings that looked like they came from the other game. I also got a swath of leader bugs reported by witpdecoder when I'd been running clean for months.

I get the impression there are many instances of uninitialed fields that are picking up strange values, especially when there is stale data from an old game in memory.

rtrapasso -> RE: Movement problem. (4/18/2007 6:40:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: qgaliana

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

I've seen the move problem too and caught a few units crawling into the jungle. I'm not sure but I got the impression I usually see it when the destination hex or nearby hexes change hands while in transit. Somewhere some bit flips and a whole corps decides to head off road into the jungle. Fortunately if you select the same destination hex you seem to get to keep your forward progress and your direction of march corrects.

Related observations: last time I had a replacement problem, it was just recently when I started playing parallel games for the first time in a long time. Quit - reload, etc. Aside from the old "oops forgot to save my old combat report" I started seeing a lot of wonky replacement and upgrade settings that looked like they came from the other game. I also got a swath of leader bugs reported by witpdecoder when I'd been running clean for months.

I get the impression there are many instances of uninitialed fields that are picking up strange values, especially when there is stale data from an old game in memory.

i can't blame that for my problems, as i am currently only playing one PBEM... usually i turn the machine on shortly before loading the game, so not sure what is going on in this case.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI