amphibious invasion help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

fcam1387 -> amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 9:14:23 AM)

I am playing as the WA and trying to retake Hawaii. For some bizzare reason I can't launch an invasion with one infantry unit in the Southern USA that has enough supplies and a full transport link. Will someone please tell me why the interface says "illegal move" when I meet all the requirments?

kondor -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 9:27:06 AM)

do you have full link (with at least 5 points for amphib-if you move the infantry, and 10 for tanks) with TS ALL the way? I guess you do... It is hard for me to say way then...

MrLongleg -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 10:00:06 AM)

In Winter turns you cannot invade into cold weather regions. But I would be surprised to learn that Hawaii is treated as a cold weather region [&:]

fcam1387 -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 11:21:35 AM)

yes i have the full transport link and it is summer 1943. I have absolutely no idea why this wont work. But what is "TS", Kondor?

JanSorensen -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 12:58:22 PM)

Send the save to me and I will take a look.  (janbs@stofanet.dk)

fcam1387 -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 1:49:21 PM)

Just sent it.

JanSorensen -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 2:13:19 PM)

You should read rule 7.1.8 second paragraph as that explains why you cannot perform the move.

Units moving amphibiously expend both Transport and Amphibious Capacity in all regions they
enter between their starting land location and the region they are invading. units that participate
in an amphibious invasion may not move using normal Strategic or Tactical Movement prior to
or after the invasion. units that amphibiously invade must begin their move on a coastal land or
island region. They may only move over sea regions until they reach the region they are invading.
After the amphibious attack is executed, the units may move no further during the turn.

To move from South Central USA to Hawaii you will cross either Panama or SW USA (not counting going the other way around the globe). Thats why you cannot perform the move in question.

fcam1387 -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 2:29:04 PM)

Thanks for your help.

kondor -> RE: amphibious invasion help (4/19/2007 4:27:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcam1387

yes i have the full transport link and it is summer 1943. I have absolutely no idea why this wont work. But what is "TS", Kondor?

short for transports [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI