Elmer overly cautious? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Boonierat -> Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 11:32:57 AM)

Anyone expert at programing Elmer? I swear he is driving me nuts [sm=character0077.gif] I place him in the most favorable attack situation (Only one objective, attack fomation order, ignore losses emphasis, strategis bias on Berserk) and yet most of the time he refuses to even budge and when he does he just digs in adjacent to the enemy unit occupuying the objective. What influences his decisions to attack or not?

JAMiAM -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 1:35:08 PM)

He needs at least two objectives, so that he can draw the line between the two. If only one objective exists for a formation, then sitting on it, is exactly what he'll do.

Boonierat -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 1:51:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAMiAM

He needs at least two objectives, so that he can draw the line between the two. If only one objective exists for a formation, then sitting on it, is exactly what he'll do.

Even if the formation's only objective is in enemy's hands?

a white rabbit -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 4:44:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat

quote:

..bump..

..tho in more "classic " scens i'm finding him more agressive/interesting...

Silvanski -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 8:38:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

Preferably so. A line from point 1 (in friendly territory) to point 2 will give Elmer more insentive to go and capture point 2.

On a different note but in the same theme though, I see that in the Dark December scenario (you might have read my AAR) objectives are in many cases spaced very close to each other in order to channel formations along the roads in the hills. I believe that with less intermediate objectives Elmer would be inclined to push harder to get to his next objective, cuz he seems to pause and consolidate at each intermediate objective he captures.

JAMiAM -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/21/2007 9:22:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes, he always needs at least two points, as his actions are defined along the line drawn between the the highest numbered friendly controlled objective and the lowest numbered enemy controlled one.

Boonierat -> RE: Elmer overly cautious? (4/22/2007 7:37:58 PM)

Ok guys, thanks for the tips [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI