Beta Patch 1.011 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Limited Public Beta Feedback

WanderingHead -> Beta Patch 1.011 (4/24/2007 7:08:24 AM)

Should be available soon. Please post any comments, difficulties, bugs on the new patch in this subforum.

The two important things to be aware of (reiterated here):

1) this patch is incompatible with old saves. If you wish to finish preexisting games, either wait before installing the patch, or first make a copy of your complete AWD directory (with a typical installation, this would be C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided). You can then run old games from this copied directory, and install the patch which will overwrite files in the original directory.

2) This is a public beta patch. The amount of testing it has received is less than ideal. It should work fine, but I expect prompt reporting of any new bugs should they appear.

Here's the text from the v1.011 readme. Not much new here, you should have seen most of it before.

1) Bug fix - overflow of lines in the Event Log caused random characters at the end of the line.
2) Bug fix - damaged “elite” units did not remain “vet” in the production queue.
3) Bug fix - factories in the production queue advanced even if no production was available.
4) Bug fix - the inability of Russian units to retreat into a frozen zone.
5) Bug fix - Russian units starting in a non-frozen zone were able to tactically move through frozen zones.
6) Bug fix - nonland units in Iraq when the coup occurred would not have been retreated.
7) Bug fix - a couple of load/save issues, with unknown symptoms (one was related to history, maybe it will fix history and replay related problems, but that is unknown).
8) Bug fix - a specific sequence of events could prevent the first Russian penalty from occurring.
9) Bug fix - the “Continue Game?” option did not work after an Axis AV.
10) GUI improvement - the Political Event screen is enhanced. Color coding of events is changed: RED can happen now (prerequisites are satisified), BLACK hasn't happened yet and can't happen right now (could happen later), GREY has already occurred and will not occur again. (Note black and grey are swapped from previously). There is now an explicit indication of the current probability of an event if it is dependent on region ownership (i.e. the Spanish coup).
11) GUI improvement - the Event Log size is increased from 250 lines to 400 lines.
12) Mod-ability improvement - There's a whole slew of new things that are possible in scenario design. The biggest is complete mod-ability of political events, which can actually provide a significant amount of control of the political situation (e.g. they support some basic surrender concepts, intended for [but not limited to] Russia, India and Australia). Effort was made to thoroughly comment the data files so that one can figure out how to use this.
14) Rule change (section 10.7) - the “Iraq Axis coup” event now yields a German militia rather than an Italian militia.
15) Rule clarification (section 10.7) - the “Iraq Axis coup” event yields 1 supply, not 5 supply as stated in the manual.

rjh1971 -> RE: Beta Patch 1.011 (4/24/2007 5:38:08 PM)

Hi Brian is the Beta patch available to all users? this is what the thread states:

"Limited Public Beta Feedback
This forum is only for bug reports and comments relating to the limited public beta update, now available through the Members' Area.
Moderators MOD_GGWaW_2 "

I have logged in into the members area and did not see, I'm sure everybody wants to put their hands on to it.
Are you going to include your GG scenario in this Beta patch?
Well guys be patient. Any moment now.

WanderingHead -> RE: Beta Patch 1.011 (4/24/2007 5:44:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjh1971
This forum is only for bug reports and comments relating to the limited public beta update, now available through the Members' Area.
"
I have logged in into the members area and did not see, I'm sure everybody wants to put their hands on to it.
Are you going to include your GG scenario in this Beta patch?
Well guys be patient. Any moment now.

Yeah, this subforum's title has said it is "available" for weeks now. In reality, I just got an email from a guy at Matrix who said it should be today or tomorrow. I'm sure that Matrix will post something on here the forum once it is available.

Thanks for the patience.

WanderingHead -> RE: Beta Patch 1.011 (5/9/2007 11:37:24 PM)

No posts yet!

I received one email with a bug report for a small issue with the political events screen (you'll only see it if you load Global Glory and then start GG, exit GG, and open a regular scenario; it's a display only bug).

Other than that, I assume noone has observed any problems! Great!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI