FitE mod thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Karri -> FitE mod thread (4/24/2007 8:14:42 PM)

Let's get coordinated, shall we.

Okay, I did some calculations for Soviet production. Now this is assuming they don't lose a single city, in other words their maximum production.
Different squads(mounted, rifle, smg, engineer etc) - 3 224 484
Rec. Rifle and assault teams - 28 836
Support units(support squads RR repair etc) - 258 371
MG's - 491 365
AT Rifles - 463 863

I'll post the file when I finish it.

Anyways, for me those numbers look pretty high. I mean if we assume a squad is 10 men, that would mean a maximum mobilization of 30 million men. And that's not counting anything else. I think we need to check the maths.

ColinWright -> RE: FitE mod thread (4/24/2007 10:54:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

Let's get coordinated, shall we.

Okay, I did some calculations for Soviet production. Now this is assuming they don't lose a single city, in other words their maximum production.
Different squads(mounted, rifle, smg, engineer etc) - 3 224 484
Rec. Rifle and assault teams - 28 836
Support units(support squads RR repair etc) - 258 371
MG's - 491 365
AT Rifles - 463 863

I'll post the file when I finish it.

Anyways, for me those numbers look pretty high. I mean if we assume a squad is 10 men, that would mean a maximum mobilization of 30 million men. And that's not counting anything else. I think we need to check the maths.

I think what you may be running into is that the kind of frantic effort the Soviet Union made is only possible if the country is in dire peril. Unless the barbarians are not merely at the gates, but through it and half way down the main street, the practical limits are considerably less. Consider the US war effort and Germany's war effort through Stalingrad. If the Soviet Union hasn't lost 'a single city' they certainly can't produce at anything like the level the level of intensity they did once they had lost a third of them.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI