Monsoon Weather (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Boonierat -> Monsoon Weather (4/25/2007 12:20:03 PM)

Next volume of Vietnam Combat Operations will add a 75% Air Shock for air operations during monsoon turns (Storms in TOAW terms), but I'm still unsure if it's enough to represent the drastic reduction of air power effectiveness during this type of weather, I'm even thinking of lowering it to 50%...any toughts on this guys?

larryfulkerson -> RE: Monsoon Weather (4/25/2007 4:09:14 PM)

I remember flying missions during the monsoon season but we couldn't see the ground ( dense clouds ) and never fired a shot.  Not even one.

EDIT: And the AC-130 has all kinds of sensors onboard so ....

Boonierat -> RE: Monsoon Weather (4/25/2007 4:22:29 PM)

Thanks for your input Larry, was counting on it [;)] gonna playtest at 50% air shock.

a white rabbit -> RE: Monsoon Weather (4/28/2007 11:16:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boonierat

Next volume of Vietnam Combat Operations will add a 75% Air Shock for air operations during monsoon turns (Storms in TOAW terms), but I'm still unsure if it's enough to represent the drastic reduction of air power effectiveness during this type of weather, I'm even thinking of lowering it to 50%...any toughts on this guys?

..are you sure it should be so high for USA aircraft flying from hard runways ?..

..i got to 50-75% variable chance depending on the monsoon for the French in a coupl'a scens i played with in my Vietnam 1 scens (unpublished, just an engine-learning experience) and i found that flattened the air real nice...

..given that you're adding cloud by dropping the temperature zone(nice idea...), which adds sighting difficulties, i'd go more for a 30 to 50 %-chance-of, variable..

..ie T1 monsoon has an x %chance of -30% air-shock, an x + % chance of 40% air-shock and so on, it get's worse in T2 and on to the peak then get's better as the front passes..

..don't forget it nails combat and supply radius too....all those muddy roads..

..nice 4*4 modern Subaru pick-up..2*hi/4*hi/4*lo with full diff lock..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI