Who is still playing UV (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

crsutton -> Who is still playing UV (4/26/2007 7:04:31 PM)

I see that we have a final patch. I used to play it all the time but have not for almost two years. Is it still worth a shot with WITP out there?

tocaff -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/26/2007 7:29:39 PM)

There are new players of UV here frequently.  There's plenty of PBEM going on and we get visits from the WITP crowd when they're slumming and looking for a PBEM.  If you enjoyed the game 2 years ago you still will.  

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/26/2007 10:26:05 PM)

What he said. I like the UV version of the SoPac better than the WitP scenario.

Marc gto -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/27/2007 12:25:51 AM)

were still going strong right tocaff

Lopo -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/27/2007 1:44:04 AM)

Yep, there is here a lot of players playing and playing UV PBEM... and I think there are enough to do a tournament betweem gentlemen...

tocaff -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/27/2007 2:17:33 AM)

Lopo,
Gentlemen?  This is war not tea and crumpets!  Just wait until you present me with another target in our PBEM!  I'll show you gentlemen....[;)]

FlipTrac_511 -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/27/2007 2:30:18 AM)

I've barely fired up UV and getting the hang of things.  Had it since it came out though.

Joe D. -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/29/2007 3:07:43 PM)

Is there only one UV scenario in WitP? Which one is it?

tocaff -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/29/2007 5:10:18 PM)

There are 3 scenarios that cover UV territory:
Coral Sea
South Pacific
Guadalcanal
WITP questions are better answered in the WITP Forum for obvious reasons as we still play our "little" game.

bradfordkay -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/29/2007 7:32:12 PM)

I find that playing UV against the AI is quite the tonic while waiting for WITP PBEM turns. WITP's AI bogs down too easily, but UV is limited enough that the AI can give a fairly decent accounting of itself. Thus, after so many years of owning it, I am still playing UV.

I actually prefer the map scale of UV, and am crazy enough to wish that WITP had been made to the same scale. [X(]

RedMike -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/29/2007 9:15:36 PM)

I prefer UV myself. I like the scale and I like the location better. It also runs faster than WitP or WPO.

tocaff -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/29/2007 10:40:42 PM)

So where are all the PBEMers?  Why play against the AI between WITP turns if you can play against a person?  I find that UV turns are usually fast to do unless you've got lots of assets and have a major op in the works.  

Capt -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/30/2007 7:34:30 AM)

Oh Yes, it is worthwhile.  There is a good bunch of PBEM fellows.  The engine is not as sophisticated as WITP but the game is more playable.

Ike99 -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/30/2007 7:38:33 PM)

I'm still playing UV. Just got it Friday! [:D]

Miller -> RE: Who is still playing UV (4/30/2007 11:15:43 PM)

Although I do not have any games left going now, I think pound for pound UV has been the best value game I have ever purchased (picked it up for £10 on ebay a few years back). I have more or less played it to death now.

Joe D. -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 1:23:17 AM)

Now that Matrix has finally fixed this game w/v2.5 and others have added new ship artwork, UV gets better w/age.

Perhaps someday we'll even get a more human AI.

pasternakski -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 3:07:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

And perhaps Osama bin Laden will become Pope.

Joe D. -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 4:13:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
quote:

Muslims don't have popes, but the Islamic equivalent of that post would be caliph.
Or was that supposed to be sarcasm?

pasternakski -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 4:32:19 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Muslims don't have popes, but the Islamic equivalent of that post would be caliph.

No response. Or was that supposed to be insipid?

Sergeant -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 10:21:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

Hehehehe this tickles me [sm=comp16.gif]

Joe D. -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/1/2007 4:43:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

No response. Or was that supposed to be insipid?

Now I have to find a dictionary and look up "insipid."

As we both have UV and BoA, I don't know if you've noticed that the more BoA's AI improves, the less historical the game becomes, i.e., it's much harder to win as the Colonials under 1.11B. Although its AI is less challenging than the AGEOD engine, UV is at least faithful -- if not predictable -- to the action in that part of the world during the 1940s.

KGrob -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/30/2007 1:29:29 AM)

I play different games off and on depending on how busy my schedule is during the year. I normally wait a year or so after games come out before I buy them and begin any adventuring (it's the bug thing...it normallly takes a year or so to get the major bugs worked out...not just Matrix, but that is pretty much the norm for games nowadays).

Anyway, I've just begun a UV campaign and I'm not doing too well right now though.

I love a good game and wish there were more high-quality choices along the lines of the Matrix-type games. I like a good challenge and I like my games to be both entertaining and immersive...that doesn't necessarily require a high level of complexity...it just has to be fun.

Maiq -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/31/2007 1:59:48 PM)

I still play but not nearly as much as when it first came out.

I'll play every couple of months.

It's just a huge time commitment and I'm commitment phobic [8D]

vonCommander -> RE: Who is still playing UV (5/31/2007 3:06:55 PM)

I have no time to play UV now but in autum there will be more sparetime I hope......  [sm=innocent0001.gif]

dox44 -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/3/2007 2:30:00 AM)

still playing also...

jmkas -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/3/2007 6:26:40 AM)

still playing here too....only so many gaming hours in a day. The best thing I can say is that I keep coming back to UV for a campaign or two before 'visiting' another game.

Whytfyjrd -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/5/2007 7:23:03 AM)

<== yearning to play, especially since the last patch ... but currently no time.

tocaff -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/5/2007 6:20:09 PM)

I think that what keeps people playing UV is the detail, scope and the ability to do a turn rather quickly.  PBEM games usually move along at fairly brisk pace as a turn or 2 per day is not that time consuming.

R8J -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/5/2007 11:31:40 PM)

I have more pbem games of UV than WITP.

GoofTrooper -> RE: Who is still playing UV (6/13/2007 6:43:52 AM)

I bought WITP when it came out, but have never had the time to play it.

I ran accross UV in the PX in '02 and bought it on a whim (I had never heard of it). I have been playing it on and off since then, as the scale is considerably more manageable than WITP.

It is my all time favorite wargame.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI