Still scared ships... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

LeBlaque -> Still scared ships... (4/28/2007 10:00:58 PM)

Abstracted from "My Mod with Modified Building Costs" thread:

"I played this mod for a while but I have not played FoF for some weeks now. Partly because awaiting bug fixes as the crucial Gun Boat bug that makes them die off and more importingly that the US navy is not blockading anymore in the latest beta which make a test playing against USA AI not as good."

I have to once again echo the sentiment of the above author related to the Union not using fleets/ships properly in blockading CSA ports. I have played four games now and USA fleets remain in Annapolis allegedly awaiting troops to transport that just never occurs. Not only is blockading an important activity for the Union, in game terms it is extremely frustrating to see the AI expend resources on ships/fleets they never really use effectively. On a personal level, it has become aggravating enough that I wish there was a Preference Selection to just turn "Ocean Activity" off-- this would include runners (that do seem to work well).

I suspect that the present fleet/ship AI is heuristic behavior and cannot be edited through any of the constants provided?

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

LeBlaque

Gil R. -> RE: Still scared ships... (5/1/2007 12:51:45 AM)

Preliminary reports indicate that fleets are much better at blockading as of some reprogramming last night. I thought you'd want to know.

Gil R. -> RE: Still scared ships... (5/1/2007 8:09:19 PM)

I tested it myself last night. Union fleets do indeed blockade, while one of them carries invasion forces. Once the Union builds up more fleets and ships it will be able to blockade every port, though I didn't play that far.

LeBlaque -> RE: Still scared ships... (5/2/2007 2:59:12 AM)

Great to hear!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI