Victory! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

Zorfwaddle -> Victory! (4/28/2007 10:42:11 PM)

Well, I won! January 1 1945. I played the Allies vs a very hard AI. I had been playing since the game came out and after a number of restarts due to patches, I ended up playing about 18 days per week, with time out due to TAD and visiting my girlfriend.

The turning point, IMO, was the battle off Tarawa. In 1942, I invaded Tarawa and the AI attempted to retake the island w/ carrier support. I ended up bushwhacking the Kido Butai, sinking quite a few carriers and lost the Saratoga. After that, It was all downhill for the AI. I was able to mass troops, air and warships and methodically take base after base, not only in CentPac but also in Burma and the Dutch Indies/Phillipines. I was awarded a desicive victory after Brit, Indian and CW troops took Saigon.

At the end of the game, the Japanese had 4 CVE, 1 CV (Shinano), 2 BB, 1 CA and several CL and DD.

Yay! Of course, I have no idea what Im going to do. I just spent 3 years playing this game nearly every day. I think I have post-partum syndrome.....

George

castor troy -> RE: Victory! (4/28/2007 11:36:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorfwaddle

Yay! Of course, I have no idea what Im going to do. I just spent 3 years playing this game nearly every day. I think I have post-partum syndrome.....

George

START A PBEM!!!!!![sm=sterb029.gif]

Zorfwaddle -> RE: Victory! (4/29/2007 12:49:28 AM)

I plan to. However, Ive got a few things to do before I take the plunge:

1. Upgrade the computer - Havent even slicked the hard drive since 2004. Some of the games I have bought but have not played (due to WITP) have sys requirements way above what I have now.

2. Play some of those games (Dominions III, Oblivion, EU III, etc etc)

3. Work on some RPG stuff.

4. Play as the Japanese in WITP. I have some ideas and some reccomendations for starting out. I want to get a feel for them. Plus, when the end map came up in this game, I noted that the AI had done weird things, including putting over 5000 AV worth of combat units on Truk (crazy). There were also more aviation engineer units than I could count sitting in Tokyo. Of course, the AI had maybe 15 AP/AK left w/ no damage at the end. Couldnt even move them.....

George

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI