A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

Gray_Lensman -> A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (4/30/2007 7:24:36 AM)

I am currently compiling game information into an Excel file for easier referral. (v1.94)

As I was looking over the "Guns.txt" information, I found a couple of questions to ask.

1) The "XX Inch Dahlgren" ID#46 has a Prereq Tech of "84"! Since that is so far out of whack with all the other Weapons, I thought I'd question whether it is an error?

2) Just what does the column named "Sharps" mean, (the one between Range7 and ModfMove)?

LeBlaque -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (4/30/2007 6:57:32 PM)

Hopefully you will post that reference Excel for all of us other data-need-to-know-geeks [;)]

Gray_Lensman -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (5/1/2007 6:52:46 AM)

Ok forget about question 1, above, about the Prereq tech of 84, I finally made sense of it, but my #2 question still stands concerning the "Sharps" column. Answer anyone?

Erik Rutins -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (5/1/2007 7:00:16 AM)

It's actually SharpS(hooter) - it defines the sharpshooter rating for each weapon.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (5/1/2007 9:09:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It's actually SharpS(hooter) - it defines the sharpshooter rating for each weapon.

I gathered it had something to do with SharpShooter or the Sharps gun, however, how is the value used within the game? In other words is it a defensive value against sharpshooters or is it an offensive sharpshooter value given to units?

Erik Rutins -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (5/1/2007 2:12:10 PM)

It's an offensive value that determines how useful the gun is when used by a unit with the SharpShooter ability. I think it both modifies the chance of sharpshooters causing an enemy general casualty as well as the morale penalty they cause.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: A Couple of "Guns.txt" questions. (5/1/2007 7:02:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It's an offensive value that determines how useful the gun is when used by a unit with the SharpShooter ability. I think it both modifies the chance of sharpshooters causing an enemy general casualty as well as the morale penalty they cause.

Thanks Erik.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI