Naval Search (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Q-Ball -> Naval Search (5/2/2007 9:08:09 PM)

Aircraft classified as "Recon" get significant bonuses on Recon missions on enemy bases, in terms of spotting ships/troops/planes on the ground. They are much better than other A/C.

On Naval Search, though, is there a difference between using a Dinah, an Emily, or a Nell on Naval Search, or does it not matter with the type of aircraft?

Thanks in advance!

Feinder -> RE: Naval Search (5/2/2007 9:14:14 PM)

I remember in the manual it says that the cruise speed of an aircraft affects it Search ability. The LOWER the cruise speed, the better it is at search. But I don't recall it mentioning anything about the aircraft TYPE (float, patrol, recon, bomber) affecting it's chance to spot.

-F-

** However, I'll say that I haven't noticed much of a difference. I usualy set my F-5s to recon w/ 50% search (since the whole sqdn never flies recon anyway). And those guys spot plenty of ships (and they've got a pretty high cruising speed = 310).

Sardaukar -> RE: Naval Search (5/3/2007 8:38:38 AM)

It would make sense to have some sort of bonus for patrol planes. But until Devs/programmers can confirm it, cannot say if there is any difference.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI