Other Civil War game by AGEOD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

jkBluesman -> Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 12:20:56 AM)

Did anyone of you buy and play the new Civil War game by AGEOD? What is the main difference to FoF besides that they have less generals? Is it worth a try?
I hope this is not considered as treason as Matrix and AGEOD have already worked together.[sm=00000924.gif]

LarryP -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 12:41:53 AM)

Click on this link: FOF vs AACW

jkBluesman -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 12:52:03 AM)

The world gets smaller with modern technology. I can guess that now...
Thanks for the link.

Gil R. -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 12:54:44 AM)

No, it's not treason. As Pocus and I and others involved have expressed both publicly and privately, the success of one game doesn't necessarily come at the expense of the other. My sense is that about 70% of those who buy one game will at some point buy the other, and most of those who buy just one game would never have considered the other because it's not their type of game.

Treason, of course, would be participating in AGEOD's generals bios project instead of FOF's... [:-][sm=terms.gif]

Drex -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 1:09:32 AM)

has anyone played" Take Command :Manassas?"

Walloc -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 1:28:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Treason, of course, would be participating in AGEOD's generals bios project instead of FOF's...

To be executed by the cavalry saber that is going as price later on? and if so before or after its use? [:D]

Not so kind,

Rasmus

LarryP -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 1:41:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jkBluesman

The world gets smaller with modern technology. I can guess that now...
Thanks for the link.

Now if you want my personal opinion on purchasing without going to the link, then here it is: Buy both as they are different and compliment one another. What one lacks the other has and vice versa. If I had to make a choice which to buy if I could only buy one... probably FOF. I would say this at AGEOD too so you won't find any post from me that's contradictory. (<--Hope I spelled that right).

I like the compact graphics of AACW but I also really like the larger map and graphics of FOF. It's a lot like asking me which kind of pickle I like with my pastrami sandwich. I love all pickels! Now I'm hungry.

Skeleton -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 1:45:20 AM)

Drex, quite simply one of the best tactical war games out there, bar none. Both of their titles are outstanding and can be found for a very fair (ie low) price. Ask anywhere (beside Battlefront) and most will tell you what a brilliant piece of work MMG has created. I cannot recommand them enough. There are demos out there somewhere for both, I suggest giving the second game's demo a try and decide for yourself. Hope this was of some help to you.

Drex -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 2:06:01 AM)

Thanks, there's room in my life for more than one Civil War game. I may have to give up Witp though.

LarryP -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 7:11:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drex

Thanks, there's room in my life for more than one Civil War game. I may have to give up Witp though.

I gave that up a long time ago (WitP), I got tired of losing.

jkBluesman -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 6:11:30 PM)

quote:

Treason, of course, would be participating in AGEOD's generals bios project instead of FOF's... [:-][sm=terms.gif]

So, all bio-writers have a contract. Do not tell the tax and revenue office.
But why should I join AGEOD's project, when I get promoted here, having just received my second star, hurra!

Paper Tiger -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 6:36:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

But why should I join AGEOD's project, when I get promoted here, having just received my second star, hurra!

A new type of promotional literature.

Gil R. -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/3/2007 6:45:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

That's not a contract -- I believe that's a "deal with the Devil" emoticon. And even if it's not, that's how you should think of it... [sm=00000622.gif]

Gil R. -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/4/2007 12:49:25 AM)

Further reason to get both games: James Allen just gave AACW a very nice review, and the same rating (7/8) as FOF, and in his last paragraph concludes that the games are both worthy acquisitions.

http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2007/05/ageods-american-civil-war-review.html

Here's his original FOF review (pre-upcoming patch, of course):
http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2006/12/forge-of-freedom-american-civil-war.html

jkBluesman -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/4/2007 11:34:34 AM)

quote:

That's not a contract -- I believe that's a "deal with the Devil" emoticon. And even if it's not, that's how you should think of it... [sm=00000622.gif]

You know, I will follow Faust's example as a German in dealing with the devil.

JaguarUSF -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/4/2007 6:27:54 PM)

You know, that Out of Eight guy really knows what he's talking about.

General Quarters -> RE: Other Civil War game by AGEOD (5/5/2007 9:34:56 PM)

I really like FOF the best, but AACW is a very classy, carefully crafted game -- and quite different. I am pleased to own both.

Take Command: Second Manassas (Mad Minute Gamers) is different yet. No so much an armchair general's game as a rather extraordinary immersion experience. You can sample it at the Paradox website.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI