SPWaW v3 - Where can I get a copy? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Hunter -> SPWaW v3 - Where can I get a copy? (8/27/2000 2:42:00 AM)

Does anyone know where I can download an English copy of version 3, as none of the links from the download section seem to work??? Thanks Hunter

Paul Vebber -> (8/27/2000 3:13:00 AM)

Version 3 is not out yet. Should be the end of next week

troopie -> (8/27/2000 9:25:00 AM)

Hupah! Just in time for the Labour day weekend. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Hunter -> (8/27/2000 4:49:00 PM)

Thanks for replying I found the address below but it says it's version 3, and also I do not know if it is the english version? If anyone knows which this is I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Hunter [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited August 28, 2000).]

Paul Vebber -> (8/28/2000 8:35:00 PM)

I haved edited deleted postes in this thread while we investigate... Please let us look into this matter before you post links to sites claiming to have version 3 of the game available.

Recon_slith -> (8/28/2000 9:25:00 PM)

Hmmmm. I wonder if naughty Beta testers have been doing what they shouldn't. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Kharan -> (8/28/2000 10:22:00 PM)

I believe this complete3023b.exe was on the cover cd of PC Gamer. The version is 3.0b23, so it's not the final 3.0, there's a few tweaks missing. I'm having a blast anyway [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img].

David F. Wall -> (8/28/2000 11:14:00 PM)

Tell me someone didn't send some magazine an escaped lab experiment. Quivering in sympathy for the Matrix guys Dave Wall

Paul Vebber -> (8/28/2000 11:16:00 PM)

So did that issue of PC Gamer hit the street already? I have not heard that? Download versions were supposed to wait until the official "version 3" was released so folks can get the upgrade right away to the "real" version 3. Version 3.0.23b may well be on The PC Gamer cover CD. The intent is to provide a patch to the full version 3.0. Do you or anyone else have the cover CD version 3.0.23b?

Kharan -> (8/28/2000 11:41:00 PM)

I read from the magazine's website that has 3.0 beta 23 online that the file was from PC Gamer cover cd. They have a deal with PC Gamer which allows them to use stuff from PCG's cd unless it's specifically denied. That's all I know... You can see from Fabio Prado's website that Beta 23 is from between Beta 20 (July 30) and Beta 24 (August 4). About 3-4 builds from the final 3.0, and lacks for example weapon&vehicle breakdowns. Just something to practise with until the final 3.0 comes out [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Paul Vebber -> (8/28/2000 11:56:00 PM)

OK that makes sense...our timing was such that teh full version 3 patch was to be available with version 3.0.23b. We had no idea of this reciprocity with the Finnish magazine. We don't want confusion over versions and want folks to understand that ver 3.0.23b is a "beta" that is meant to be a stepping stone to the full version 3.0. It does not include new OOBs and lacks many features, enhancements and fixes of teh full version 3.

shadowman -> (8/29/2000 7:08:00 AM)

Which issue of PCGamer has the beta ? I also assume its the US version, not the UK version of the magazine. thanks steve

Hunter -> (8/30/2000 12:09:00 AM)

By the way the file has now disappeared from the site that I quoted earlier (whilst I was 58% through the download) so if you could please tell me how I can obtain the game in the UK it would be appreciated.

Figmo -> (8/30/2000 12:26:00 AM)

Hunter, It sounds like sombody here at Matrix had a word with them. I'd say hold onto you partial download (if you can) and the download will probably be back up in a few days. Nothing definate - but unless something major comes up we are real close!! Don't tell them I said that - I could get in trouble!! [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/eek.gif[/img] Figmo

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI