2 x 3: "Forge of Freedom" wins Wargamer Readers' Choice Awards (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Gil R. -> 2 x 3: "Forge of Freedom" wins Wargamer Readers' Choice Awards (5/6/2007 7:29:03 AM)

No, this 2 x 3 has nothing to do with the Grigsby people. Rather, voting at Wargamer.com is in, and "Forge of Freedom" has finished third in two key categories -- Wargame (http://www.wargamer.com/articles/readerschoice_awards_2006/page7.asp) and Game of the Year (http://www.wargamer.com/articles/readerschoice_awards_2006/page10.asp). Both times we were beaten by "Take Command: 2nd Manasses" and "Conquest of the Aegean," which are, of course, excellent company.

Thank you for your support!

Hard Sarge -> RE: 2 x 3 (5/6/2007 8:03:09 AM)

Hey, leave my people alone

Congrats

I think you should of gotten higher, but 3rd place is a good start

cesteman -> RE: 2 x 3 (5/6/2007 3:27:56 PM)

Huh? Did this thread start some where in the middle? Am I missing something:?

PaulWRoberts -> RE: 2 x 3 (5/6/2007 4:29:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

Huh? Did this thread start some where in the middle? Am I missing something:?

Gil is riffing on "2x3 Games," the name of Gary Grigsby's newest game company. They're working on an ACW game too, although no one knows when it will see the light of day.

Is that what seemed confusing?

General Quarters -> RE: 2 x 3 (5/6/2007 5:26:33 PM)

Congratulations, gang!

What struck me was the tough competiton. I have not played Conquest of the Agean or Birth of America, but I had read only good things about them. And Take Command: Second Manassas is an outstanding game, though not, so far at least, a commercial success -- so it is good they received a boost. And there are a lot of other good games as well. For FOF to come out a winner in a field whose standards are rising dramatically, in part because of guys like WCS, is a terrific accomplishment and well deserved recognition. This is a good time for wargamers!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI