Equipment editor written in Java (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

larryfulkerson -> Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 6:40:39 PM)

Hey you guys....I wrote an equipment editor in JAVA and it seems to be almost working. Anybody want to be a beta tester?

I'm not sure it's really needed since we have BioEd already but I thought I'd ask.

Send me an email if you're intestested: larryfulkerson2002 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Source code is available also.

[image]local://upfiles/16287/8BBCFB3988B84EA5AED01B2223F1E39A.gif[/image]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 7:54:01 PM)

I decided to go ahead and post the program here so you guys can download it and just take the .txt off the end of the filename so it's just equipmentEdit.jar and run it that way. I'm assuming double clicking on equipmentEdit.jar will start it for you. You gotta have Java's runtime installed on your system for this to work of course.

When it starts you'll be prompted to load the equipment file you want to work with; just navigate to the file and double click on it. Then just edit away and don't forget to save your changes.

Lemme know if you have any problemos.

JAMiAM -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 8:43:45 PM)

Looks nice, Larry.

JAMiAM -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 8:50:35 PM)

A few suggestions though...

It appears that when you used the "&" sign, the text displayed a "&" in the tab descriptions on the top.

I would use "Attributes" instead of "Stuff" for the descriptions in the lower tabs, so that it'll look more professional. That, or if you're short on space in the tabs, do away with "Stuff" altogether on each of the tabs and make a title pane above the bottom tabs saying "Attributes".

JAMiAM -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 8:54:10 PM)

This is odd. There is something screwy with the text formatting on this board. I tried to list in the above post an "&", an "a", an "m", a "p", and a ";" all together in a string and within quotation marks, but it keeps returning simply an &...[:(][&:]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 9:51:30 PM)

Thanks for the suggestions ....changes are already in the works.  Also, the & thingie is in the database and I'm just displaying it as it exists.  I suppose I can change it though.  The XML database doesn't like "&" signs for some reason.

Jeff Norton -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 10:59:28 PM)

Hey, Larry,

I've tried to DL the file, but it comes out as a gibberish string of letters and numbers in a ZIP format. It looks nothing like the file name you have posted for the link.

Is this correct?

-J

larryfulkerson -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 11:04:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Norton
Hey, Larry,

I've tried to DL the file, but it comes out as a gibberish string of letters and numbers in a ZIP format. It looks nothing like the file name you have posted for the link.

Is this correct?

-J

Um.......it's a JAR file. You're not supposed to read it. Sounds like you didn't delete the *.txt off the end of the file name. Just rename it to "equipment.jar" ( without the quotes )
and that will make it an executable that you should be able to double click on to get JAVA to launch it.

And by the way, here's an updated version of the program in question:

[ any *.eqp file ( equipment XML file should work as an input file and it will write out an XML file to be used by TOAW. ]

larryfulkerson -> RE: Equipment editor written in Java (5/7/2007 11:06:32 PM)

Oh, and here's some instructions on how to use the program:

[image]local://upfiles/16287/14B84C8E271049888355F8379415C948.gif[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI