2 bugs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback

Mr. Yuck -> 2 bugs (5/7/2007 8:38:21 PM)

I downloaded the latest beta patch yesterday and I've noticed two things:

1.) The governor of Illinois does not recognize troops in Vandalia as counting toward his brigade request. He ignored their presence for several turns and I did not get a thank-you until I placed them elsewhere in the state.

2.) If you do a large number of musters, there is a chance that a named unit will show up twice. I have two "Sykes Regulars".

Walloc -> RE: 2 bugs (5/7/2007 9:12:17 PM)

2nd is known and on the to do fix list, as far as i know.
It can happend to LUs starting in a scn, that a 2nd LU is mustered/conscriped/bought.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Gray_Lensman -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 12:58:07 AM)

It's no wonder about Vandalia... Vandalia is province #135 per "AcwProvinces.txt".  Looking into "AcwStates.txt" shows province #135 as part of Iowa.  Woops... The Midwest is being grabbed up by Iowa.  It also shows up as Vandalia, IA on the map instead of Vandalia, IL.  I don't recall this error being in the previous versions, but the AcwStates file shows it was accessed/modified 4/7/2007.

edit:
Summary:

1) Vandalia (province id #135) is incorrectly listed as an Iowa province instead of an Illinois province.

2) Charlotte (province id #218) is incorrectly listed as both a Georgia province and a North Carolina province in "AcwStates.txt", causing it to show up as a GA province, presumably because it is the first in the list.

Not sure if the following are oversights or deliberate, but according to the Note on pg 28 of the manual. "Some river provinces straddle state lines. River provinces, however, are nevertheless always controlled by one state or another.

3) Upper Tennessee R. (province id #246) is not controlled, by Tennessee, yet it runs right thru it.

4) Arkansas Miss R. (province id #206) is not controlled by either Arkansas or Mississippi.

5) Upper Missouri R. (province id# 236) is not controlled by either Missouri or Kansas

6) Potomac River is not controlled by Maryland, however, this is most likely intentional, but for the Maryland governor's sake, I wonder if it should count as a Maryland province for garrison purposes.

All the above are easy to mod, but hey, v1.9.16e anyone, especially for those not so disposed to make their own mods.
I confirmed that these were all preexisting in v1.9.4, also, so at least they were not introduced during the current beta building process.

Gil R. -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 4:59:23 AM)

Hooray! None of those errors is my fault! (Unlike those glitches in the generals file that led to patches 16a-d.)

Thanks for pointing this out.

cesteman -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 8:44:34 PM)

D? We now have a version D?? Great I have C

jkBluesman -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 9:27:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

D? We now have a version D?? Great I have C

Look here for further details.

Drex -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 10:26:03 PM)

I think I was still on a.

Klahn -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 11:34:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gray_Lensman

6) Potomac River is not controlled by Maryland, however, this is most likely intentional, but for the Maryland governor's sake, I wonder if it should count as a Maryland province for garrison purposes.

Out of curiosity, why would this be intentional? (Newbie here)

Twotribes -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 11:42:39 PM)

Because Washington DC is in the province and it is NOT part of any State.

Klahn -> RE: 2 bugs (5/8/2007 11:50:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Because Washington DC is in the province and it is NOT part of any State.

I understand that, but is there a drawback in game terms if it's just thrown in together with Maryland?

I'm just wondering if there could be an issue with the Gov. of Maryland complaining about a lack of brigades to defend his state while the entire AoP is camped in the river province.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: 2 bugs (5/9/2007 1:31:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryvan

<snip>

I'm just wondering if there could be an issue with the Gov. of Maryland complaining about a lack of brigades to defend his state while the entire AoP is camped in the river province.

Exactly my point !

Tanaka -> RE: 2 bugs (5/10/2007 2:00:25 AM)

quote:

edit:
Summary:

1) Vandalia (province id #135) is incorrectly listed as an Iowa province instead of an Illinois province.

2) Charlotte (province id #218) is incorrectly listed as both a Georgia province and a North Carolina province in "AcwStates.txt", causing it to show up as a GA province, presumably because it is the first in the list.

Not sure if the following are oversights or deliberate, but according to the Note on pg 28 of the manual. "Some river provinces straddle state lines. River provinces, however, are nevertheless always controlled by one state or another.

3) Upper Tennessee R. (province id #246) is not controlled, by Tennessee, yet it runs right thru it.

4) Arkansas Miss R. (province id #206) is not controlled by either Arkansas or Mississippi.

5) Upper Missouri R. (province id# 236) is not controlled by either Missouri or Kansas

All the above are easy to mod, but hey, v1.9.16e anyone, especially for those not so disposed to make their own mods.
I confirmed that these were all preexisting in v1.9.4, also, so at least they were not introduced during the current beta building process.

Anyone made a quickfix for this?

ericbabe -> RE: 2 bugs (5/10/2007 4:16:53 PM)

For my own preference, I wouldn't want Washington DC part of Maryland. If the governor of Maryland decides to oppose muster, it shouldn't affect mustering in Washington, and so forth.

Also, if Washington were part of MD, then players would never have to draw troops away from DC to protect Annapolis or the Cumberland. If a player has all his units in Washington, I think it's perfectly fine for the MD governor to want to have some protection for Maryland proper.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: 2 bugs (5/10/2007 4:44:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

For my own preference, I wouldn't want Washington DC part of Maryland. If the governor of Maryland decides to oppose muster, it shouldn't affect mustering in Washington, and so forth.

Also, if Washington were part of MD, then players would never have to draw troops away from DC to protect Annapolis or the Cumberland. If a player has all his units in Washington, I think it's perfectly fine for the MD governor to want to have some protection for Maryland proper.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Tanaka -> RE: 2 bugs (5/26/2007 8:10:36 AM)

quote:

edit:
Summary:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Hi besides number 6 listed in this post are the rest fixed in the next patch? Thanks!

Gil R. -> RE: 2 bugs (5/26/2007 9:07:23 AM)

I believe so.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI